• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Opinions on Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald blazer/alternatives

AMProf

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a classic navy blazer. Went to BB today and checked out the Fitzgerald blazer, here:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=679&Product_Id=1444761&Parent_Id=217&default_color=ANTIQUE-NAVY&sort_by=newArrivals&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

I liked the fit....higher armholes, trimmer fit than the more boxy Madison. List price is $598.00, however, they are having a "wardrobe event" per my salesperson where they will take $100 off any purchase over $500, between 3/10/2012 and 3/12/2012.

[BTW, they are also having a one day event where corporate card holders receive 30% off; I believe that day is March 15].

Also looked at their country club blazer, with Saxxon wool, a much more luxurious fabric, which lists at 698.00. Unfortunately this blazer only comes in Madison fit, a little too full of a cut for my tastes.

So bottom line: liked the higher end Country Club blazer's fabric better (as I want to dress this blazer up more than dressing it down), but liked the Fitz fit better. Anyone own the Fitzgerald blazer and have an opinion? Alternatively, are there any other brands I should be looking at that come in around the same price point ($500-$600) and have a similar, somewhat slim fit as the Fitz?

Thanks,

AMProf

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Country club is slimmer than the Madison, but has low armholes. I ended up going with the Regent blazer that is Internet only. My SA ordered it in for me and it fit best. Fabric is not as nice as country club blazer, though. I was disappointed there was not a Fitzgerald cut with saxxon quality wool.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well if you are willing to spent extra money you can do a made-tor-order: Fitzgerald cut with Saxon fabric.

100 yrs

Reaction score
I went in to the Brooks Brothers Seattle store on Saturday and put an order in for a Fitzgerald blazer. I am a 38r but they only had a 38s, which was too short. The SA said he could order and even hookup the upcoming 30% off deal. Great. Only catch was he didn't know when it would be in. It was super busy on Saturday so I left my info and took off. Stopped back in today at lunch to inquire and I think I might cancel my order for a couple of reasons:

1. Turns out the one I tried on and handled (the too short 38s) was a return, old stock, and made in US, which was a huge selling point for me. All the newer ones are made in Thailand. I know that country of origin is only 1 piece of the puzzle, but it turned me off. I could go MTM for a Fitz blazer with better fabric, but that runs ~ $800, a little out of my comfort zone right now.

2. looking at the jacket again in person, the lapels might be just a hair on the narrow side for what I want.

3. Maybe most importantly, the service today was very poor. Took forever to get help even though i was the only one in the suiting area. Also, the guy helping me was a little short on details. All of which left a bad taste in my mouth.

The search continues.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you tried the Milano fit?

AMProf

Reaction score
To my knowledge BB does not make a blazer in the milano fit (not OTR anyway). I'd be all over that if they did, as I have a milano 1818 suit and really like it. If I'm wrong, I'd love to know where I can find one.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

To my knowledge BB does not make a blazer in the milano fit (not OTR anyway). I'd be all over that if they did, as I have a milano 1818 suit and really like it. If I'm wrong, I'd love to know where I can find one.

good to know. I saw the suits and assumed they made blazers as well.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.