• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on Borrelli-Luxury Vintage

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some nice stuff. Lots of overbranding.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes - a lot of it has gross logos and patches, but I've seen some very nice shirts with discreet vintage washes that have no branding at all. I have one, actually.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm confused. What's 'Luxury Vintage'?

Bargs

Reaction score
Have a "Livio" buttondown in linen/cotton that is fantastic.

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I'm confused. What's 'Luxury Vintage'?

Luxury Vintage is a Borrelli set of styles or models that is supposedly somewhat vintage inspired. I have a shirt that's very 1950s looking. I've seen other stuff that appears a little "aged" with washes and such.

Ian at "shopthefinest" has lots of it, but is just sold as Borrelli. Lance at "virtualclotheshorse" has some of it sometimes too. Some of the sale stuff has unattractive logos.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
My experience has been similar to Baron's. I have two Luxury Vintage shirts that I really like. Be aware, however, that the fit isn't necessary the same as "normal" Borrelli.

island boy

Reaction score
Aloha, new here, I have a borrelli vintage 1957 shirt sent to me from N.Y. I wondered about it so I emailed borrelli's web site and asked details on it, they said it's emphasis was on detail and comfortablity and I say it is the nicest shirt I have ever owned. To bad they don't make a dress shirt that is short sleeve. Aloha nui loa.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
Is LV held in the same esteem with regard to quality as the dress wear?

I find the Luxury Vintage to be 'hit and miss'. I have had some sensational stuff , like the Navy Leather Jacket I just Sold, a couple of Shirts and Outerwear.
IMHO - you need to be careful with Shirt's, as in some are great and some not so great (poor stitching and typical sizing issues all over the place).
+1 on the overbranding.
I also picked up a pair of their Shoes (Choc Brown Wingtips) from Gilt last year and contrary to some Sfer's - I love em' and feel they were great value for $280 or whatever I paid.

Wicky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon
I find the Luxury Vintage to be 'hit and miss'. I have had some sensational stuff , like the Navy Leather Jacket I just Sold, a couple of Shirts and Outerwear.
IMHO - you need to be careful with Shirt's, as in some are great and some not so great (poor stitching and typical sizing issues all over the place).
+1 on the overbranding.
I also picked up a pair of their Shoes (Choc Brown Wingtips) from Gilt last year and contrary to some Sfer's - I love em' and feel they were great value for $280 or whatever I paid.

I could not agree more. The LV S/S 2009 line has some great looking stuff though (especially the jackets and shoes). Its a bit more informal then LB regular line IMHO.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some shirts and t-shirts with a vintage, heavy washed look. Quality is OK, but they look almost cheap.

I tried once some khaki pants and was very frustrated with the fit. Size 50 were really too small and size 52 too baggy, so I would never buy online any Luxury Vintage pants. I bought from ebay and B&S some Borrelli mainline pants and the fit is consistent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads