• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on April77's

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
never seen a pair in the flesh, but from pics i like the fit. probably will look silly in a couple years, but looks good now. great for the fashion forward, not so great for the supertrad.

JeffVyain

Reaction score
you're really workin that new word you made up, aren't you? supertrad...eh, it could stick

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffVyain
you're really workin that new word you made up, aren't you? supertrad...eh, it could stick
well... i felt that there is a need to describe a certain type... its not trad in the normal sense, but has the same sensibilities. the difference is its not locked into dressing like our grandfathers, but holding the idea that understated well made items are worth the investment. its like inconspicuous consumption.

Chris.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bungee Man
About to receive my first pair today.
the fit is addictive. im already about to order another two pairs.

viking_mike

Reaction score
they are really ******* skinny...on a 27 the hem is ~ 5.5" if i recall correctly.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by viking_mike
they are really ******* skinny...on a 27 the hem is ~ 5.5" if i recall correctly.
definitely not for some of us athletic type..well **** a lot of designer jeans aren't.

colin_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by viking_mike
that would depend on the cut, so I doubt this is true with each pair

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
definitely not for some of us athletic type..well **** a lot of designer jeans aren't.

how do you fit your feet through there?

people are going to look back on this SKINNY SKINNY jeans thing in 5 years and remember the "SAG" in the mid 90's

viking_mike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by colin_
that would depend on the cut, so I doubt this is true with each pair
i am talking about the joey cut...i think that is their signiture cut. they have the sinner cut which is more of a jr cali/ apc ns type cut.

viking_mike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
how do you fit your feet through there?

people are going to look back on this SKINNY SKINNY jeans thing in 5 years and remember the "SAG" in the mid 90's

i agree. the smallest i will ever go is a 6" hem...i think anything below that is pretty wild...i only wear my skinnies slouched so they are never really tight.

colin_

Reaction score
yeah most of my jeans are <6 inches. just comes with the territory of size 26 or 27.

as far as the joeys.. for some reason I had the impression their leg opening was a tad bigger, than say hobokens. just looks like it from the pictures. the ones chris has are not the joeys and I have a feeling those are tighter/smaller opening than they joeys. not certain though.

Bungee Man

Reaction score
Well...I just got them, and I think they are pretty sweet. They are the raw Joey Overdrives. They are really slim. The leg opening is 6in. across, and that is in a size 28 waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads