1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on a tie

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DGP, Jul 10, 2006.

1. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

I was just going through Barneys website, and saw a tie that caught my attention. What do you think of it? I know that Brioni makes amazing clothes, but how do their ties stack up? And, what do you think of the pattern? It would likely go with a white shirt, and either navy or gray suits.

http://216.74.138.233/images/barneys...9.7992_ZM1.jpg

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I was just going through Barneys website, and saw a tie that caught my attention. What do you think of it? I know that Brioni makes amazing clothes, but how do their ties stack up? And, what do you think of the pattern? It would likely go with a white shirt, and either navy or gray suits.

http://216.74.138.233/images/barneys...9.7992_ZM1.jpg

Nice. Their ties are generally of good quality, on the thick/heavy side.

3. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Well-Known Member

Looks very nice and you can get it work with a lot of different suits.

4. Margaret

Margaret Well-Known Member

I don't care for the colors or pattern at all. But I won't be the one wearing it.

5. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

I rather like it. Nice, breezy summer colours IMHO.

6. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

Nice. Their ties are generally of good quality, on the thick/heavy side.
    Will that be a problem for a taller guy who likes wearing spread collars, and tends to use a full windsor? Would I still get a big enough knott with a half windsor? Maybe most importantly, is $83 a decent price?

7. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

I don't care for the colors or pattern at all. But I won't be the one wearing it.

Same here

8. mrchapel

mrchapel Well-Known Member

A tad bit busy for my tastes -- but I have heard from numerous places that Brioni ties are top-notch.

9. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Will that be a problem for a taller guy who likes wearing spread collars, and tends to use a full windsor? Would I still get a big enough knott with a half windsor? Maybe most importantly, is $83 a decent price?
    Brioni ties are indeed very nice. They aren't so thick that I find them a problem with a spread collar and full or half windsor (I'm 6'3", 160 lbs.). I'm not a fan of this particular tie, but only because I'm so thin that I like thicker stripes. And $83 is a good price. Though I don't remember their full retail price (having a senior moment), I seem to recall it's around $150 or above. Edit: Spot-checked the NM website. They ask $165 retail. Guess I can still claim to be in my youth.

10. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

I have dozens of Brioni ties and am most happy with the quality of construction, fabric and style. It's hard to see how one could bo wrong with a Brioni tie.