• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions needed on this jacket

cmrocks

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this jacket?

I'm not normally a fan of branding of any type but this is pretty subtle plus I own a Ducati so it's not posing. I'm not trying to show off either, I just like the jacket.

Right now, I'm very limited on coats. All I have that I wear consistently is my wool coat and I would like to get something a bit more casual.

37c.jpg

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It won't be nearly as versatile as you'd probably want it to be, thanks to the very distinct stripes/logo.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Looks like the shoulders have padding? Also, I think the function of the bright stripes is so vehicles can see you. Wear this on the bike, not off.

Have you ever seen a hot shot Tour De France type rider in a coffee shop? I have and they look awfully doofy off the bike. That may not be the best comparison because at least your ass won't be wet.

cmrocks

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

Is this one any better? I'd like to find a moto-styled jacket for wearing around casually. I really like the way they fit me.

4758a.jpg

Trenditional

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DucatiCole
Thanks guys,

Is this one any better? I'd like to find a moto-styled jacket for wearing around casually. I really like the way they fit me.

4758a.jpg

My 2 cents are definitely don't go with the last jacket unless you actually own a Ducati. Also if you don't actually ride a motorcycle, don't get a "true" motorcycle jacket. I know I've seen similarly styled jackets by Guess. You can get the style without the protective padding in the shoulders and elbows.

cmrocks

Reaction score
I own a Ducati and that jacket isn't padded. It's made out of leather but there is no armor in it. They market it as a casual jacket.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll be the first to say anyone wearing a true motorcycle jacket while not riding a motorcycle (or without at least a helmet in his hand) looks like a douche.
All my humble opinion of course. . .

spoiledone

Reaction score
+1 - I can hardly stand wearing the **** while I'm on the bike

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picture the jacket that would look bad-ass on this bike and you will find a nice casual jacket:

buzz_001.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads