• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions needed on a pair of Clarks

seatiger

Reaction score
Hi, need some opiniions on this pair of Clarks.

20112002.jpg

Is it worth getting at $90USD?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Horrible last. Below average quality. Their shoes look better on pictures then on your feet. I bought a pare from Zappos once and returned them right away.
Never buy them without trying. Actually, never buy them, period.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clarks are great for desert boots and Wallabees, but not much else.

seatiger

Reaction score
Thanks for the advices! I had the impression that Clarks shoes are good since its from UK.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seatiger
Thanks for the advices! I had the impression that Clarks shoes are good since its from UK.
Not no more, they ain't! Think Slovenia, China, wherever's cheap. Actually, I shouldn't knock 'em too much. I've gotten good service from some of my Clarks in their proper role as cheap, knockabout shoes for walking the dog, working in the yard...that sort of thing.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I like the idea, but the details are horrible. They're not worth $90.00.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you checked out the new Allen Edmonds Taunton? Its more money, but an infinitely better shoe. It'll last 3 times as long, and look way better along the way.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
Have you checked out the new Allen Edmonds Taunton? Its more money, but an infinitely better shoe. It'll last 3 times as long, and look way better along the way.
Wonderful suggestion! If you live in the US then go for AE. You would be mortified if you saw how much they charge for them in Japan and Europe. As for how much longer they will last, 3 times is a pretty conservative estimate. I would say that the Clarks will fall apart after a year but the AEs should last you between 10-20 years. If you think you are saving money by buying Chinese made rubbish then you are only kidding yourself. Also AE is made in the good ol' US of A. So support your fellow Americans, look sharp and - in the long term - save yourself some money. Personally I would only get the Clarks if they paid me $90. I would keep the $90 and throw away the shoes.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
Wonderful suggestion! If you live in the US then go for AE. You would be mortified if you saw how much they charge for them in Japan and Europe. As for how much longer they will last, 3 times is a pretty conservative estimate. I would say that the Clarks will fall apart after a year but the AEs should last you between 10-20 years. If you think you are saving money by buying Chinese made rubbish then you are only kidding yourself. Also AE is made in the good ol' US of A. So support your fellow Americans, look sharp and - in the long term - save yourself some money.

Personally I would only get the Clarks if they paid me $90. I would keep the $90 and throw away the shoes.

A little unfair to Clarks. I have a pair of made-in-China Clarks that I have owned for four years and walked literally hundreds of miles in while walking my recently deceased dog. All I have ever done for them is daub some Shoe Goo on their worn down heels, and they're good for more miles. I will agree that A-E is a much high-quality, better-made shoe, of course.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads