• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Opinions before I buy BB Fitz?

Icarium

Reaction score
I'm hoping people here can give me some good opinions before I pull the trigger on a solid Navy Fitzgerald for about 600$. The salesman said the tailor would do all work for no addt'l cost also.

I am in the San Diego area, 5'10" 145 lb, typically size 36R (17/17.5 shoulder, 37 chest, 29 waist). I have some good stores around here, and I was hoping to find an RLBL for 800$ or so in a solid charcoal or navy... but so far no luck. I am getting a bit frustrated trying to find the right color/size/price combination, so I was going to break down and get the Fitzgerald. The salesman is ordering it in, and would give me a good price even though the sale will be over by the time it arrives.

I need the suit for business dress, so it can't be too out there. With my body though, I need something slim or it ends up looking ridiculous. I spent a ton of time reading threads on suits in this price range, and decided on those two after trying various ones on.

Given that it seems awfully hard to find the RLBL I want for <800$, the BB Fitz seems like a better way to go. What do you all think? I am tempted to just suck it up and pay retail for an RLBL, but I think it would give me nightmares.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are 2 for $999 as of today.

1 for $600 is a better deal if you only need 1.

I think you will be pleased with the suit if it fits well and you take good care of it. Do not dry clean it unless you have a high-quality cleaners capable of pressing it properly afterwards. Get a suit brush. Use this and good old fashioned air to clean and freshen the suit between wearings.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Is there a difference in quality between the made in Italy Regent and Madison suits and the made in USA Fitzgerald suits? The Fitzgeralds are made by Southwick, right?
They are nice suits with a slim-fit appropriate for business wear. I think you'll be pleased.

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that is the sort of silhouette you are seeking, you can't go too far wrong with the Fitzgerald at that price. If you look hard enough, you can sometimes find RLBL on the B&amp;S forum here, but if you want it now and don't want to wait, I'd go with the Fitzgerald. I bought a couple over the past 2 years myself (including a khaki cotton suit that was actually made in Italy, and not US) and love them, and they fit very well.

Icarium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
If that is the sort of silhouette you are seeking, you can't go too far wrong with the Fitzgerald at that price.
Yeah, for times when the TaT-style suits don't work, this is what I feel would be best. I'm an engineer, so I'd be better dressed than about 97% of people I'd run into. Bunch of dorks in my field...
Now I have to try not to cave in and buy two even though I don't really need them. soooo tempting...

peaklapel1089

Reaction score
I have both the Regent and the Fitzgerald. The Fitzgerald is a little slimmer, but you can get a Regent with peak lapels and side vents, which I like.

Mine were all made in Italy; I can't tell you if the US ones are different, but that seems to be the sentiment here.

As an aside, the Regent 3-piece wasn't part of the 2 for $999 sale before, but it is now.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me help. If you need one, why do you not need two?

beansprouts1

Reaction score
i was at a BB the other day and they had fitzgerald suit separates. i've only ever seen the fitzgerald sold as a jacket with drop 6, and since im a drop 8 these sound pretty good. however, i was curious if theres a difference in quality btwn these and the regular fitzies.

Icarium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
Let me help. If you need one, why do you not need two?

Well my stupid salesman didn't even mention this sale, so if I want another, it will have to be ordered once I check out the one they are already bringing in for me.

That sharkskin charcoal regent would be really cool, but they just require too much alteration to fit me imho. I am planning to get waist suppression even on the Fitz. I am one skinny mofo

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are you sure the separates were not the regent-fit (but single vent) suiting essentials?

Icarium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
are you sure the separates were not the regent-fit (but single vent) suiting essentials?

Yeah, the store here doesn't have Fitz separates either. You might want to be careful there.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40