1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion requested: Which Card Holder?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by slee1986, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Skydiver Nick

Skydiver Nick Well-Known Member

I have a Prada Saffiano with ID window and I LOVE it. The leather has a really nice texture to it.

2. Zandros

Zandros Senior member

Swaine wallets are surprisingly affordable. around $200 for pure luxury that you will use many times a day.

Does Ettinger compare favourably? I'm becoming quite attracted to their yellow leathers.

3. Franky In T.O.

Franky In T.O. Senior member

^Tarmac
    Yea, PS does make some subtle designs but I think I was attracted on impulse to the quirky cube pattern. The PS holder is still much understated than the excessive branding from other luxury brands however. After actually holding the PS card holder though I was much less impressed and the quality seemed to be lacking a bit (some loose stitches and the "frail" looking leather was paper thin).

Thanks for the opinions guys! The poll confirmed my own preference and I will go ahead and buy the Swaine card holder and return the Paul Smith. Just saved myself 45 bucks on a better looking wallet and I think this will probably last a bit longer to boot.

Looks like you've made your decision, but I'll say that your original one wasn't bad at all. All except the PS are conservative. But if you're not comfortable with the PS (if you think it will bug you each time you look at it) then you have to go with one of the others. Which is OK because I don't think you can do any wrong with either of them.

4. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Valextra is pretty darn sweet. I owned the P Saffiano, but it got stolen,[​IMG] so I can' t recommend it...