• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion on Versace suits

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
looks pretty good to me, hem the pants, shorten the sleeve a bit then it will be just fine. Jacket might look too long because you're taking picture at an angle.

Dsquared

Reaction score
Ok,thank you all for comments and advices. Pants are now a bit shorter and second button unbuttoned. I really don't want them to socks be seen..maybe I'm wrong.. I have changed shirt too,with different collar
smile.gif
Be kind and suggest color and type of tie. Maybe bow tie?! This shoes I would love to match suit for wedding: SHOES But,still searching SF for other shoes. This forum really has influenced on me..lol
snc00551medium.jpg

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was it really necessary to grey out the maker of the phone?

fwiw, I think the suit is good.

Dsquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
was it really necessary to grey out the maker of the phone?

fwiw, I think the suit is good.

Thanks

Phone..
I always do that....maybe because in RL everyone laughs at it..so my spontaneous reaction is to remove it from picture
smile.gif

bearsfan172

Reaction score
Eh skip those Dolce shoes... you could probably do better then that. I like the fit of the suit. The break in the pants looks towards the bigger side to me, but if you like it its fine. Skip the bowtie with a suit, go for a satin full length black tie and you'll keep the same level of class without looking like you were trying to buy a tux but didn't realize that you didn't have one. Overall I like the suit though.

Question- is it fully canvassed? I many people on the forum have said that Versace Collection is fused, but I think I have encountered some canvassed ones in the past....

Dsquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bearsfan172
Eh skip those Dolce shoes... you could probably do better then that. I like the fit of the suit. The break in the pants looks towards the bigger side to me, but if you like it its fine. Skip the bowtie with a suit, go for a satin full length black tie and you'll keep the same level of class without looking like you were trying to buy a tux but didn't realize that you didn't have one. Overall I like the suit though.

Question- is it fully canvassed? I many people on the forum have said that Versace Collection is fused, but I think I have encountered some canvassed ones in the past....

Someone before has written that mainline is fully or 1/2 canvassed. I have learned on SF what means canvassed but really don't know how to check it,you should give me some instructions. And what is tux? Maybe silly question but I'm fresh getting into this kind of clothes. Thanks in advance for answers and suggestions.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dsquared
Someone before has written that mainline is fully or 1/2 canvassed. I have learned on SF what means canvassed but really don't know how to check it,you should give me some instructions. And what is tux? Maybe silly question but I'm fresh getting into this kind of clothes. Thanks in advance for answers and suggestions.

This suit, based by your label should not be fused as it is not Collection. It is the lower of 2 mainline labels. All Versace Collection is fused.

bearsfan172

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
This suit, based by your label should not be fused as it is not Collection. It is the lower of 2 mainline labels. All Versace Collection is fused.

Ahh sorry, I was being dumb and not paying attention. I didn't look at the tag to see that it was a mainline

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have your tailor increase the rise on the trousers. They don't even make it to the bottom button of the jacket.

Dsquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man of Wealth and Taste
Please, please, please undo the bottom button. Please. Please?
There is another photo on tjis page with bottom button unbuttoned
smile.gif

Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
Have your tailor increase the rise on the trousers. They don't even make it to the bottom button of the jacket.

Nothing has done with rise.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dsquared
Ok,thank you all for comments and advices.
Pants are now a bit shorter and second button unbuttoned. I really don't want them to socks be seen..maybe I'm wrong..
I have changed shirt too,with different collar
smile.gif

Be kind and suggest color and type of tie. Maybe bow tie?!
This shoes I would love to match suit for wedding: SHOES
But,still searching SF for other shoes. This forum really has influenced on me..lol

snc00551medium.jpg

I will seriously hem the pants..., you are far away from showing socks..., go for barely any break. What't the rise on the pant? I had some older versace, they don't seem to have rise as low as these ones, are you wearing them naturally or you are wearing it like jeans.

as to shoe, what's your budget, I would skip the ones you have there, but that's just me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads