• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion on Thomas Pink?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what peoples opinions of Thomas Pink where. Im looking for some good quality slim fit shirts and I saw there add in a magazine and the cut look great. I want to know how the quality is before I purchase though. Thanks for he help.

free man

Reaction score
All I know is that they are extremely expensive, and that you can get high quality MTM or Bespoke shirts for just alittle bit more, or perhaps even the same cost.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A search should pull up some discussions on Thomas Pink.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by free man
All I know is that they are extremely expensive, and that you can get high quality MTM or Bespoke shirts for just alittle bit more, or perhaps even the same cost.

They seem to advertise their white shirts.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Pink 170s shirts are fantastic. Buy them on sale or on EBay.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go MTM or Bespoke for the price...

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
I would go MTM or Bespoke for the price...

I don't disagree...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quality decent enough, but little pricey for what you get.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Overpriced. On sale they are worth it. Nice avatar by the way, Jokerman.
drool.gif

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quality is crap at TP. You can get Hong Kong bespoke for less.

The Transporter

Reaction score
+1000 on everything that's been said. I have three Pink shirts - one blue one bought in early 2006 just for kicks before I knew any better and then two white shirts this past May - all full price. The blue one was purchased at that price out of sheer ignorance but the white ones were an urgent need for my mom's funeral. It was the first place I headed that morning since I knew they'd have my size in stock and they didn't disappoint. I was in and out in ten minutes and onto more important things.

But now that I know better I will never buy OTR shirts again unless it's an absolute necessity. I just got my first order from MyTailor.com and the shirts are awesome and a heck of a bargain at $90 each. They have cheaper ones, too, and more expensive ones so if you can get an appointment with Joe when he visits your town or nearby, definitely do it.

LookSharp

Reaction score
There's a Thomas Pink discount outlet at a shopping centre not too far from me and at heavy discounts they're pretty good and they have some nice styles from time to time. I wouldn't pay full-price, though.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
Quality is crap at TP. You can get Hong Kong bespoke for less.

Is Hong Kong bespoke, in general, better quality than TP?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thomas pink quality varies at each level and to where the garment is made. they are owned by LVMH. they have high priced leases on their stores. much of the cost of your shirt goes tomaintaining those expensive stores.

I do not understand their slim fit shirt.
They have added a side body that does not really do what it is supposed to do. Also the french seams always look odd to me.

It is almost a women's wear construction.
Carl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads