1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Opinion on this sportcoat...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by deaddog, Apr 23, 2006.

1. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

and what to wear with it -- maybe with jeans. what else - don't own a pair of blue slacks.

Thanks

2. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

price couldn't be beat on STP. Now, I just have to figure out what to wear with it - -advice welcomed. Of course, if it doesnt work the beauty of STP is back it goes!

Thanks

3. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Various shades of brown, blue, grey, green and maybe even BLACK. I must say that it does look like a suit coat.

4. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

thanks for the input. What makes you say it looks like a suitcoat? STP is selling it as a sportcoat and I wouldn't think they would get it wrong (like an ebay seller might)

5. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

thanks for the input. What makes you say it looks like a suitcoat? STP is selling it as a sportcoat and I wouldn't think they would get it wrong (like an ebay seller might)

It's just that sport jackets with vertical stripes are not very common so when I see one I tend to think that it may be an orphaned suit coat.

6. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

I agree that striped sportscoats tend to look like orphaned suit coats but in this case, I think you're fine.

Those definitely aren't (or at least shouldn't be) suit coat stripes.

7. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

A suit in that fabric would be very Willy Wonka

8. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

That coat is too cool. Have fun. F--- trad.

9. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

It's just that sport jackets with vertical stripes are not very common so when I see one I tend to think that it may be an orphaned suit coat.

There is a picture in this month's Gentry, a japanese clothes mag, and there is a guy wearing a suit very, very similar to that jacket.

10. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

The vest, pocket square, and conservative shirt-tie combination make it look like a suit jacket. Without those, it wouldn't. (Also a factor is the illusion of solid gray.)

It probably is too formal to pair with most jeans, but you could try dark blue jeans with conservative-style brown shoes. If you have tan pants, they would work. Only black might be a problem, because of "rules" and shoes.

11. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Charcoal grey trouser. You may have to try several shades to find the best one. Cool jacket, I like it.