• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion on this RLPL coat.

heavyd

Reaction score
are you an eccentric? do you hang out with models? do you have a lot of money?

if yes to all three - that is awesome.

if not, i would hesitate.
worship.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
yay or nay?

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...0,0,0&format=0

I have tried on the same model RLPL suit but in different fabric - a grey POW with bright pink - yes bright pink - overpane. Be warned, this model is not for the faint-hearted - not only are the fabric choices very bold, the lapels are quite wide and the buttons are BIG and in my opinion, overwhelmingly so.

YMMV of course, but not to my taste and I really wanted to love it because it was in my size (and at outlet prices).

migo

Reaction score
I very much like it. I think it would look great if you're really tall, though.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome but I would prefer it as a suit than a sportscoat

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love it, but my family (and others too, I'm sure) think I dress too boldly.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comment guys. When I saw it, I thought this was really kick ass coat to wear in Fall/Winter for social occasion like going out (to outdoor lounge) or date. I am thinking of wearing it with FC dress shirt, black and white polka dot tie, boot cut jeans, and brown santoni shoes if I really want to show it off.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with it as long as you know when would be an appropriate time for that coat. Definitely not trad.

Countertenor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Looks awesome but I would prefer it as a suit than a sportscoat

I think I agree, although that sure would be a lot of... that...

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got this coat yesterday. The fit is amazing--almost as if it was made for me. As I expected, the coat is really trimmed--which I like. It is made by St. Andrews and this is the first time I tried a coat made by them. I would say this coat sure has workmanship equal to Brioni coats that I have. Certainly it is better made and more carefully finished than Isaia stuff. Hand stitchings are done very clean fashion like ones you see in Brioni suits (IMHO Kiton suits have some clumsy hand work). The coat is really light as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads