• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion on this Attolini suit.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hella short drop and really short sleeves.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience has been that one can take in the waist relatively easily. It is an amazing suit and if it fits everywhere else, probably worth it. Good luck.

horton

Reaction score
I'd suggest contacting Ian and seeing if you can get a money back refund if you decide to return. He is reasonable and ordinarily proivdes store credit for refunds, but for a purchase of this size, if it were me, I'd want to know in advance I can get my $$ back (absent shipping costs and perhaps some nominal re-stocking fee).

gefinzi

Reaction score
I love Attolini, and I have purchased plenty from Ian, but I must admit I don't like the color of that suit. It's described as navy but doesn't look close to navy on my monitor. It looks like an unflattering shade of blue or blue/gray...otherwise hard for me to describe.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have an athletic physique/trim I think it would do you nicely as a part of a suit rotation, not a primary suit, but with a light blue shirt and various ties and brown shoes, and that lux 10% cashmere, bellissimo!

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well.
I think i am gonna email Ian to see if I can a money back if it does not fit right. With jacket, the only alteration that I am willing to do is sleeve length. If it requires other alteration then I do not want to keep it. I really do not want to lose Attolini tailors hand work.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I recently got a borrelli jacket in which the drop wasn't enough. the tailor didn't want to touch it since it was a big alteration. If there really is no drop, there's only so much you can do. Sometimes you have to wonder if the online stuff that falls outside the normal range for attolini or borrelli is perhaps MTM that wasn't picked up. That's the only possible way I can explain the large variation in fit of the last jacket i ordered and the other borrellis i have that have required minimal alteration.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I recently got a borrelli jacket in which the drop wasn't enough. the tailor didn't want to touch it since it was a big alteration. If there really is no drop, there's only so much you can do. Sometimes you have to wonder if the online stuff that falls outside the normal range for attolini or borrelli is perhaps MTM that wasn't picked up. That's the only possible way I can explain the large variation in fit of the last jacket i ordered and the other borrellis i have that have required minimal alteration.

Interesting. Wilfred's has taken in the waist on two sport's coats and one suit for me with very little problem ( have a high chest to waist ratio.)

horton

Reaction score
For jackets of this quality I would only consider alterations from the absolute best tailors. A good tailor in fact might decline such alteration saying they might affect the balance of the jacket etc.

Also at this price, even though it seems like a good deal compared to MSRP, I'd suggest making sure you absolutely love the jacket. You can walk into a Louis Boston or other high end shop and select many, many great jackets that you will love and that will fit perfecty and still pay MSRP or slight discount in this range (though they won't be an Attolini)

ragdoll

Reaction score
I have bought about 6 suits/sportcoats from Ian and he will certainly take a return. He may even refund your money if you work it out ahead of time.

I've been very happy with his merchandise.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Hella short drop and really short sleeves.
The sleeve length doesn't seem out of line for a 43, and if it were a bit short (which I doubt), they could undoubtedly be let out a little. I don't understand the concern about the drop. A drop of 6 is the norm in my experience--more common than 7 or 8. Have some of you experienced otherwise? Perhaps I don't understand the meaning of drop (and please enlighten me on this), but the chest (44") and waist of the jacket (42") are pretty common in this size. I have had jacket waists taken in an inch or two with no adverse consequences to the cut of the jacket, and chest measurements can be altered a little too (maybe up to an inch). In my opinion, the most critical measurement is the shoulders because they can't really be narrowed without removal of the sleeves, which is the one thing I'd try to avoid, particularly with a Neapolitan jacket and its distinctive sleeveheads.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads