• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

opinion on these jeans

ties@thedepot

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-395-RALPH-LA...QQcmdZViewItem

I picked up a pair of these today at tj maxx. I paid about 80.00 which isn't bad considering original retail was 395.00. I think they're pretty cool. they're slim fitting I'm just trying to decide if I can pull them off. What do you guys think of them? what would you wear with them? I'm thinking something simple since they're kind of busy, maybe like a grey hoodie? they're from the fall 2007 line, I don't suppose anybody remembers the RL description of these?

thanks all

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell me you still have the receipt.

ties@thedepot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Tell me you still have the receipt.

I do. What exactly don't you like about them? I was afraid they may look a bit eurotrashy, am I correct? I don't know, I like them for some reason.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe it's the cut or maybe it's the 40" waist against the 32" inseam but the front rise seems really high for skinny jeans and it looks a little off. I don't like the lowest pair of cargo pockets either. They look like they are located right at the knee which would make using them for anything really uncomfortable.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ties@thedepot
I do. What exactly don't you like about them? I was afraid they may look a bit eurotrashy, am I correct? I don't know, I like them for some reason.

Ehh...pretty much everything. Way too many pockets and that seam on the back and the huge rivets. If they just had the flap back pockets and everything else was normal they wouldn't be the worst thing going. And the 80/395 pricing is a joke. I could see if they retailed for $100 and you got them for $20. Granted, jeans are overpriced these days, but I can almost see, for example how KMW can command $275 but this pricing is absurd. If you dig them though, by all means keep and wear them.

ties@thedepot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
maybe it's the cut or maybe it's the 40" waist against the 32" inseam but the front rise seems really high for skinny jeans and it looks a little off. I don't like the lowest pair of cargo pockets either. They look like they are located right at the knee which would make using them for anything really uncomfortable.

Actually, I didn't buy the jeans in the ebay auction, I just used it for the pics. Maybe I'll post some fit pics and see if opinions change after that.

ties@thedepot

Reaction score
just posted pics of me wearing the jeans. be kind but be truthful, this is the first time I posted fit pics on sf.

fdrstwaa

Reaction score
Those front pockets make it look like they're on the wrong-way-round. Looks strange to me :S

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads