• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion on some Earnest Sewns

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I saw a new ES dark jean on revolve, and wanted a second opinion:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...roduct=ES-MJ47

Do these look dressy enough to be an alternate dress jean for my Acne Mics and 5EP LDB resins? I like having at least three pairs of dressy jeans so that none get too much wear, and I can make more outfits out of them.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ES have pretty big back pockets which isn't something I particularly like in a dress jean. And I wouldn't buy any pair of ES at retail price.

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
I have a pair of the Fultons. Although they are supposed to be a fuller cut, I found them to be relatively slim. Not ball crushing by any means, but slimmer than say, APC's Rescues. The dark wash would be fine as an additional dressy pair of jeans.

Someone above mentioned that they thought the pockets were large. I didn't necessarily find this to be true, but perhaps it's a matter of sizing. I wear a 36 and thought the pockets were actually on the smaller side.

Definitely do not pay retail for them. You're better off buying two pairs of APCs for that price.

Hope this helps.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they look fine but I wouldn't be a buyer anywhere near that price.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though our coupon for revolve seems to have died, there's still the 15% one. And I don't want APCs, as I like very low maintenance jeans that I don't have to worry about sizing, stretching, etc.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Even though our coupon for revolve seems to have died, there's still the 15% one. And I don't want APCs, as I like very low maintenance jeans that I don't have to worry about sizing, stretching, etc.
So you'd rather buy a mediocre garment for twice the price because you aren't willing to take 5 minutes to figure out your size? And from my experience, ES stretches like a ***** (albeit nowhere as much as APCs)

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
So you'd rather buy a mediocre garment for twice the price because you aren't willing to take 5 minutes to figure out your size? And from my experience, ES stretches like a ***** (albeit nowhere as much as APCs)

No, because I don't want to figure out the size and get it wrong (I know how ES wear, and what size I am), and I also find the NS too tapered looking, and, honestly, not particularly dressy looking.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying them, with the 15% off. The Fulton fits me so well, and the style of those particular jeans works incredibly well with my overall style, classy, understated, and dressy without looking cheesey or too slick. And considering Rag & Bones will probably never fit me, I'd seen the last of the great understated dress jeans, and felt it time to look to an old favorite brand, even if its quality is debatable compared to others.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When all is said and done, the only thing that matters is if you are comfortable with your purchase and it seems that you are. Enjoy your new ES!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads