1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion of Gucci Watches

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sogg, Apr 20, 2008.

1. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

If you are going to buy a Gucci watch. look for a fake one. It should be less money and will be just as authentic.

2. lawguy50

lawguy50 Active Member

Im looking to spend between $2500-3500AUD. Im not buying the watched based on it being a long term investment, So the fact that it may be woth $0 in 5 years doesnt really bother me. I know this is a very amature question but what is the big deal with "movements" What exactly does this mean?
    First, that Gucci watch can be bought for A LOT less than 2500 so definitely look around online if you are set on that one! You could likely get it for under $1000. If you are going to spend that much, I would definitely suggest learning about different watch companies and different movements before you buy. You may not care much about that sort of thing now, but in a few years, you might take more of an interest in watches. Browsing websites like timezone.com can be a great way to learn. I'll see if I can come up with any suggestions of watches similar to the Gucci in the price range you are looking.

3. lawguy50

lawguy50 Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Personally, I think Omega Speedmasters are very nice watches.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Gucci watches, especially the old design can be bought with a big discount. I've seen the G watch posted on the first page at 70% off at some online retailers. Of course beign in Australia may hinder you from getting the same deal.

5. borderline

borderline Senior member

I can't think of anything that looks like my LV watch.

photo?

6. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

photo?

I will NOT sell this one to you.

I loved it on the brown calf but after like 5 years or so it got pretty stinky and nasty and they won't make them anymore.
    So I got saffron croc instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

That's a great looking watch SoCal. I first fell in love with that same watch when I saw the rose gold version.

If there was a watch that you truly like, or even love, the look and desgin, then it shouldn't deter you from purchasing it regardless of the movement. Some designs are only limited to designer watches so why limit yourself to a watch that doesn't look as good even if it has a far more superior movement? I guess that just one side of the argument.

8. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Senior member

You my friend do not understand the concept of a Lifestyle brand.

FWIW, Gucci has ice cube trays and wallpaper.

Well, I believe understand the concept, it just severely clashes with my world view, as mentioned above [​IMG]

Call me whatever you want, I just find something fundamentally objectionable about anchoring one's lifestyle around a brand (or, which is the same - to represent one's lifestyle, or broader identity and aspirations, by means of a brand).

9. borderline

borderline Senior member

So I got saffron croc instead.

Sounds like a pasta topping. "I'll have the linguini with the saffron croc sauce."

10. invictus

invictus Member

Old thread...but man, I bought a gucci watch about a decade and a half ago when I graduated from high school. the watch cost about 900 dollars and man, what a dumb purchase that was. I still have it, but I never wear it. I want to sell it, but nobody will buy it.

Today, I wear g-shocks, swatches, and a Hamilton watch that I picked up in Singapore.

11. iNGOJOEY

iNGOJOEY New Member

Which Gucci, if i may ask?

12. AldridgePrior

AldridgePrior Member

Awesome bump on an ancient thread. Bottom line is Gucci watches are dog poop. All of them.

13. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Senior member

I don't believe you!:D