• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Operation Paprika

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
dude not enough, only THAT many Appreciation pictures, sad sad sad
facepalm.gif

omg, you're sort of impatient. did i say that was it all? another day, another chance...
cheers.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
omg, you're sort of impatient. did i say that was it all? another day, another chance...
cheers.gif

you should know SFer's better than that now ;-)

this is kebab
laugh.gif

004.jpg

yea - but more chilli sauce IMO

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
comrade;3363404 said:
the pickups, which are at Mr. Bertas place now,

GMW_Anregungkorr14.jpg

GMW_Anregungkorr5.jpg

On my first trip to Europe over forty years ago, I noticed that Germans and Austrians
favored shoes in that color, more or less, along with gray. At the time, one didn't see
those colors in the other parts of Europe I visited: Uk, France, Spain Italy. Nor in the
US. Today the same regional color preferences seem to prevail.

interesting. this is the first time i've seen this kind of color on dress shoes. these especially are amazing. totally raw and untreated. they will develop a fantastic patina. i'm full of envy
smile.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump - what was the final outcome of this exercise?

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jane and Michael Stern, of "Road Food" fame, have raved and raved about Rotier's here in Nashville, and how amazing the place is, and how you simply MUST stop and get a burger!

Actually, the place is kind of dumpy (lots of character, sure) and the burger is absolutely mediocre.

But it's served by a Ancient Grizzled Black Man.

I call this "Ancient Grizzled Black Man" syndrome. It's especially noticable when Northerners review Southern restaurants. Especially barbecue places and hamburger stands.

The Palm, for example, serves a burger that's about twenty times better and costs about four dollars more. But The Palm is a huge multinational chain.

Is that why (in my opinion) clunky, not-that-attractive shoes like these and Vass (gasp!) are so popular around here? Is it "Ancient Grizzled Hungarian Man" syndrome?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Is that why (in my opinion) clunky, not-that-attractive shoes like these and Vass (gasp!) are so popular around here? Is it "Ancient Grizzled Hungarian Man" syndrome?

2010-10-01.jpg

who's talking?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Bump - what was the final outcome of this exercise?

no final outcome...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who's talking?
Okay, I'm a dork and I can't take a photograph. I concede that point. Regardless, if I posted a picture of these shoes and said I had just got them at the Florsheim outlet, would people be drooling over them and exclaiming, "I would be willing to pay $1000 for these shoes easily!" Or does the fact that they're made by an incredibly obscure Grizzled Hungarian Man make them appealing? I am just wondering.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

crackup[1].gif

me like you,
you funny.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay, I'm a dork and I can't take a photograph. I concede that point.

Regardless, if I posted a picture of these shoes and said I had just got them at the Florsheim outlet, would people be drooling over them and exclaiming, "I would be willing to pay $1000 for these shoes easily!"

Or does the fact that they're made by an incredibly obscure Grizzled Hungarian Man make them appealing?

I am just wondering.

hmmh, incredibly obscure is rather offensive...

i'm just wondering, if you receive answers when you put questions this way.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just keep coming back to this thread for that picture...
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads