• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OP pink jeans responds, goes aqua

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Merry Christmas Guys, and thanks for all your helpful comments. Obviously, the tie will never see the light of day again. The jacket per se is a winner, and the pink jeans a work in progress. Ended up wearing the jacket without the pink jeans or the tie to the party.

My reason for the pink and aqua jeans is that at least this winter in California, there is nothing but blue jeans and dark casual jackets. Nobody seems to care how he or she are dress, in a word, it is dreary. So working with the advice of SF, I've tried a few improvements: I've eliminated the cuffs, more casual jackets and sweaters, and casual shoes. I've also tried to find the best combination with Kiton aqua jeans. Your comments are as always, much appreciated.

It may very well be true that I am to old and too uncool to pull this off, better my SF friends tell me that. If it looks gay, then I need to know that. Also, the pictures i post are things I genuinely have questions about, they do tend to be pushing the envelope. Its not how I generally dress. post my pictures here rather than WAYWRN because I'll get a lot more honest criticism here. Finally, with respect to impressing people with "moderately expensive name brands" Brioni jacket ($100), Kiton jeans ($160 pink, $130 aqua), Hermes shirts ($75), Feragammo shoes ($25) on Ebay.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, I would like to apologise for my comments about the tie in the pink thread.
It was a nice tie. What I should have typed was I didn't feel it went with that combo.
Also, I consider your skin tones and felt that particular shade of pink wasn't working,
and that is why I recommended either a Nantucket Red, or rust.
Again, my apologies for my cutting words. I respect what you are doing 100%.
You're right, most people just dress drabby so why not have fun with colours.
That said, I like the screaming Aqua. Great colour for pants, imo.
The Blazer can work but the turtle-neck (at least that cream colour) seems to fight in the combo.
I see this Aqua (like the afore-mentioned pink) as being a very summery colour, so am unsure if you are planning ahead or intending on wearing it through winter.

atila

Reaction score
all of those combos look ridiculous and not stylish. more specifically, the 2nd picture with the cream turtle neck and the jacket looks absurd.

the blue sweater is nice, and the aqua jeans could be worn *MAYBE* (if you must) but the other combo's and purple jeans are just poorly put together.

just one man's opinion, though.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a trick to make us think the pink wasn't such a bad idea? It worked.

Roman_empire

Reaction score
These pants are for summer, don't wear them before May.
Matching cotton pants in such a bold color with a heavy knit sweater or a sports coat in winter fabric will never look good. Also the pants are too fashionable to pair with a grandpa-ish double breasted jacket.

Try to pair the pants with a nice white or black dress shirt or a polo in white or a dark color (black for the pink pants, dark navy for the aqua). Black lace up shoes are formal. These pants are not. Go for a dark brown suede loafer (maybe a tassel loafer considering your age) or black clean loafer, a dark blue deck shoe, espadrilles etc. Obviously don't match browns and black in your outfit.

Maybe you can try to look up some pictures of the Ralph Lauren Black Label spring/summer collection. They often combine neon colored shirt with black pants or vice versa.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads