• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

oo wideAh! The Fit Again

Thereof

Reaction score
Hi Chaps, a real problem.

The problem for now is this. I always have had the problem with the the sizing, with the drop, as i can identify now. I am tall (approx 190 cm) and with quite wide shoulders, yet very slender at waist. A 48 (European) Armani Collezioni blazer i purchased in Italy last summer at sale fits perfectly after a small alteration at the back. It is long enough -something I appreciate

Having read your posts, i reexamined firstly myself to be "slim" and ordered " the slimmest cut" - Balenciaga at Ebay. What a dissapointment after all. Too narrow shouldered for me and at waist it is like a bell - too roomy. I also tried Costume National suits, they seem to be to short and again the pear like cut.

Perhaps, the definition "slim" is not really mine - rather "athletic"...I dont know..,

Right now, i am pondering whether i should try Helmut Lang or Gucci, or...Andrew Mackenzie at Yoox? I can only order them virtually, for i am residing in isolation from any big city, in Norway.

What is that brand with sufficient waist suppresion, the right drop and length?

Thanks

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Thereof

Reaction score
Forgot to add: i have no fat, but no muscles either

OR - Eg Elskar Noreg

housemaidsknee

Reaction score
not the hijack the thread but i have a similar problem - i cannot find an overcoat that fits me. i wear a 40s suit and can find some slim cut ones - but overcoats - NO. any ideas?

Brian SD

Reaction score
not the hijack the thread but i have a similar problem - i cannot find an overcoat that fits me. i wear a 40s suit and can find some slim cut ones - but overcoats - NO. any ideas?
Dior homme makes a tweed overcoat that is quite slim.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.