1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Only 3 Of Each...

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Jason762, Dec 13, 2007.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I agree about the suits/coats. Yep, ninety bottles or spirits on the wall (and more on the way). I seriously enjoy fine spirits and fine cocktails, but oddly enough, have never been drunk.

Best,
    Huntsman

I really like wine and can see myself getting in to it once i'm more settled, but I'm too much of a pussy for the hard stuff. [​IMG] I don't like the burning in my throat and don't know how anyone gets used to it.

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

GQ,

I do know what you mean, and with straight whiskies and such its hard to avoid some sort of a burning sensation. Do know, however, that many cocktails when made well, won't burn. Proper sours, for instance, are just these smooth ethereal cocktails that embrace your mouth on the way down without any sting.

Wine, well that is a whole 'nother story. I got into wine long before the spirits, and even though I'll never be able to afford getting into wine as much as I'd like, I do ok. Capacity for 116 bottles at present, and I'm running about 60% these days. Come refund time, I fix that [​IMG]

Regards,
    Huntsman

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

How come no Tequilla's Huntsman?

4. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

rambo, tequila is the last of the primary spirits that I have involved myself with -- as yet I don't know/have tasted enough to comment on it intelligently.

~ Huntsman

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

6. polarbear

polarbear Well-Known Member

The game needs to be stepped up in this thread in terms of filling out the list:

Bourbon
    1) Bulleit
    2) Woodford Reserve
    3) Knob Creek

Brandy
    1) admittedly, not qualified to answer this.
    2)
    3)

Gin
    1) Tanqueray...10, Rangpur, Regular--i'd have all 3, but would probably pick 10 to keep within the rules
    2) Hendricks
    3) Boodles

Rum
    1) Ron Zacapa 15 year
    2) Goslings
    3) Pampero Anniversario
    4) Cruzan Single Barrel Estate (borrowing a spot from brandy)

Scotch
    1) Talisker 12 year
    2) Lagavulin 16
    3) Probably Johnnie Black to please the masses

Tequila
    1) Don Julio Blanco
    2) Herradura Reposado
    3) Chinaco Anejo

Vodka
    1) Chopin
    2) Wyborowa
    3) Iceburg

Other must haves:

Drambuie
    Cointreau
    bailey's
    Vermouth

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Vodka 2) Wyborowa 3) Iceburg
    Never heard of either of these. What's so special about them? I'm suprised nobody's mentioned Plymouth for Gin yet. You all need to get on that.

8. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Thanks!
    Happy to contribute to your future drunkenness [​IMG].

10. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

Brandy (Cognac)
    1) Tesseron Lot 29
    2) Martell Cordon Bleu
    3) Jean Fillioux Tres Vieux

Gin
    1) Gordon's
    2) Hendrick's
    3) Tanqueray #10

Scotch
    1) Cragganmore
    2) Highland Park
    3) Dalwhinnie

11. polarbear

polarbear Well-Known Member

Never heard of either of these. What's so special about them?

I'm suprised nobody's mentioned Plymouth for Gin yet. You all need to get on that.

Wyborowa is from Poland; they've been making it for something like 200 years. When I lived in DC I tried most of the vodkas at Russia house, which i believe has 20 or 30 varieties. Anyway, I always liked Wyborowa the best. As for tasting notes, I hardly ever drink vodka, (mostly gin, rum & scotch), so I couldn't say what makes it special, other than it makes an excellent drink. Interesting note: Frank Gehry designed one of their new premium bottles. Iceburg is purportedly made from harvested iceburgs. It is relatively cheap and very smooth; I usually keep a bottle around as a staple mixer.

Good call on the Plymouth. Also forgot the Martin Miller Westbourne strength. Great gin when you're in the mood for something different.