• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ONLY 2 LEFT: NWT Brooks Bros Golden Fleece Shirts 15.5/35

ONLY 2 LEFT: NWT Brooks Bros Golden Fleece Shirts 15.5/35

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely - I went to school in Madrid and have traveled widely there...great country, fabulous people...

What city? I'll find out cost and ping you.

Note: USPS will track to border and then it would be customs # tracking only, otherwise it's gets stupidly expensive quickly...

SrDapper

Reaction score
Lovely - I went to school in Madrid and have traveled widely there...great country, fabulous people...

What city? I'll find out cost and ping you.

Note: USPS will track to border and then it would be customs # tracking only, otherwise it's gets stupidly expensive quickly...
It's a small world! Thank you. The city is Bilbao.

SrDapper

Reaction score
I wish you still had the blue ones... I like them much more. Is there any other shirt you are selling?

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I just did a big closet cleanup and have a bunch of great stuff I am about to list and there are a couple of shirts:

- two Polo custom fit (the old ones with the thick MOP buttons and nice details) in a soft blue, small gingham pattern and its exact twin in a faint pink. I think they have been worn once - retailed over 100 each

- one Polo Purple Label Eaton collar, white with navy bengal stripes. This thing was like 300 - I've worn it twice.

Let me know if you want pics..

My wife has a program from the PO that can calculate postage - I'll get you a fee when she gets home

SrDapper

Reaction score
Yes, I just did a big closet cleanup and have a bunch of great stuff I am about to list and there are a couple of shirts:

- two Polo custom fit (the old ones with the thick MOP buttons and nice details) in a soft blue, small gingham pattern and its exact twin in a faint pink. I think they have been worn once - retailed over 100 each

- one Polo Purple Label Eaton collar, white with navy bengal stripes. This thing was like 300 - I've worn it twice.

Let me know if you want pics..

My wife has a program from the PO that can calculate postage - I'll get you a fee when she gets home
Alright take some pics.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, here you go...

Keaton (on top) is pretty badass for semi-custom- killer cutaway collar, French cuffs, MOP buttons, and long tails. Gorgeous fabric and shirt. Retail is between 250/350

Ginghams are button cuff with standard spread collar and the custom fit (especially on the "old" Blue Label like these) translated into nice MOP buttons, much better fabric, and many were made in Italy (some in HK too IIRC). These were only sold at Polo stores and have a more tailored fit than the standard Polo rig, which is very tent like.

Let me know what you think...

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

SrDapper

Reaction score
I like the one in the bottom pick, it's 16 instead of 15.5 though.
Okay, here you go...

Keaton (on top) is pretty badass for semi-custom- killer cutaway collar, French cuffs, MOP buttons, and long tails. Gorgeous fabric and shirt. Retail is between 250/350

Ginghams are button cuff with standard spread collar and the custom fit (especially on the "old" Blue Label like these) translated into nice MOP buttons, much better fabric, and many were made in Italy (some in HK too IIRC). These were only sold at Polo stores and have a more tailored fit than the standard Polo rig, which is very tent like.

Let me know what you think...

View attachment 1103243

View attachment 1103244

View attachment 1103246
I like the last one, I wish it were 15.5 instead of 16 though.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you want measurements? I am a standard 15.5/35 but often get a 16 collar as the difference is incremental...

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay - both are pretty much the same:

Eaton
Shoulder. 19"
Chest. 22.5
Sleeve. 26 (folded as with cufflink in)
BOC. 31
Collar. 15.65

Polo
Shoulder. 19"
Chest. 22.5
Sleeve. 26
BOC. 31.5
Collar. 15.65

I'll get the shipping info in a bit

SrDapper

Reaction score
I think the shoulder ruins it. My best shirt is 17.7.
It's not so bad though I guess.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoot - I need your actual mailing address to calculate shipping on that shirt.. can you send it when you get a sec?

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've been out all day and just got back - give me a bit on the postage .. my apologies for the delay!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads