• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

online website to see wool fabrics for sport coat?

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking to browse through some colors/patterns before going to my tailor.

niwawa

Reaction score
don't trust your computer monitor. It usually tells lie.
Go to see real one in a shop.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
looking to browse through some colors/patterns before going to my tailor.

Jeezus. Are you for real? Just go to your tailor's shop and look around. If you've never ordered bespoke before, it's unlikely you'll need to venture outside his selection to be satisfied.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Jeezus. Are you for real? Just go to your tailor's shop and look around. If you've never ordered bespoke before, it's unlikely you'll need to venture outside his selection to be satisfied.

maybe i dont want to spend hours in their hot fabric room and want to look at fabrics in my underwear at home

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe i dont want to spend hours in their hot fabric room and want to look at fabrics in my underwear at home

well maybe you shouldn't be buying bespoke. flipping through books in a hot fabric room is part of the joy.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Many cloths appear similar in pattern and color; they are distinguished by feel, body, wearabilty, durability, etc. These are things you need to assess in person or trust your tailor to assess for you (which I heartily recommend).

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Many cloths appear similar in pattern and color; they are distinguished by feel, body, wearabilty, durability, etc. These are things you need to assess in person or trust your tailor to assess for you (which I heartily recommend).

i'm just surprised AB has to have someone explain this to him. or maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looking online for cloth = waste of time, but I do agree if you are going to be perusing cloth in your underwear it is best to do this at home, not at the tailors.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
i'm just surprised AB has to have someone explain this to him. or maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm pretty sure he's some sort of super-intelligent web-bot sent from the future to destroy Styleforum.

allreds

Reaction score
Is there an offline website to see wool fabrics for sport coats?

milosh

Reaction score
Check out the Scabal website. They have nice pictures of pretty much all of their cloth.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Being new at picking cloth from swatches you would be better off looking thru the WAYWT thread or magazines for ideas of what you would like. Take the picture to the tailor and ask if he can find something similar. Better use of your time and easier for you to see the cloth in jacket form.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads