• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

online tailor shop should have what options?

kennyhawk

Reaction score
In an online tailor shop what options do there need to be?
I have been looking at suitopia.com, zentailor.net, ginotailor.com and more. These all fine online tailorshops, but when you look in a the different websites they are all offering mostly the same basic boring classic option. Nothing extra, nothing interesting that tells me they are special and I always feel if I buy from them, it's a bland/boring suit I receive.
I'm hoping maybe some of you can tell me some interesting option you have seen in the real world or in an online shop, that more online tailors should try out.
Maybe were lucky and they read this ;-)

Thanx,

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would not buy a suit online.

Geezer

Reaction score
The most interesting option would be the option of making a suit that fits.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None - specials should be reserved to a tailor yoju meet - to try specifying sch on line will only end in tears.

One the other I would never touch this option.

Matt S

Reaction score
What I rarely see online are the trouser options I want:
Side adjusters
Forward pleats

And most likely these places won't know how to cut trousers for forward pleats so I wouldn't bother asking. I'm sure they would give me something I wouldn't be happy with. MyTailor seems to be the only place that gives me the options I'd want, but they don't sell suits over the internet.

Another thing I look for is a website that doesn't steal pictures from other sites. Zentailor took some pictures from MyTailor. It's important that they show their own work.

Pasha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kennyhawk
In an online tailor shop what options do there need to be?
I have been looking at suitopia.com, zentailor.net, ginotailor.com and more. These all fine online tailorshops, but when you look in a the different websites they are all offering mostly the same basic boring classic option. Nothing extra, nothing interesting that tells me they are special and I always feel if I buy from them, it's a bland/boring suit I receive.
I'm hoping maybe some of you can tell me some interesting option you have seen in the real world or in an online shop, that more online tailors should try out.
Maybe were lucky and they read this ;-)

Thanx,

Any options you want. No boundries to your imagination. Virtual online shops should always have virtual tailors and virtual options.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geezer
The most interesting option would be the option of making a suit that fits.

This. Options are nice but fit is the most important thing, and maybe a good selection of fabrics. Many options above the essentials are just gimmicks anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads