• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Online stores

twiggy

Reaction score
Clothes Altamoda italia-www.altamoda-italia.safewebshop.com Kitmeout-www.kitmeout.com Brownbag-www.bbclothing.co.uk/ Regent St. marketing-www.regentstreetmarketing.co.uk/ Swerve-www.swerve.co.uk/ Guyshop-www.guyshop.com www.theclothesstore.com www.designerclobber.com Shoes Shoe avenue shoe parlor shoes dream Can you add to this list ?

davei

Reaction score
I presume you're in the UK. Try www.yoox.com for past season's stuff. www.b-forza.com has the latest stuff, but it's all in japanese. Be wary of fakes as well - I think "Dolce & Gabbana BASIC" is either made up or long discontinued. In addition, big logos and non-existent care tags are usually a dead giveaway.

Dre

Reaction score
How reliable is on-line shopping? I'd like to get deals on clothes as much as the next guy but I'm concerned about the quality of merchandise I've never looked over in person. Any thoughts from those who have done it before?

davei

Reaction score
Oh yeah, there's also www.bluefly.com, they're a fairly large last season discounter on the web. As for buying online, as I mentioned in another thread, I've found it's OK if it's for something you already have or maybe have seen before. Quality of merchandise largely depends on the quality of the label and the e-tailer: I'd stick to people like Bluefly that use real merchant accounts (not Paypal) and have solid return policies. As long as the merchant is not dealing in fakes, quality will depend on the label. You don't get the benefit of a buyer sifting through all the crap and picking the best pieces of a particular season's collection, so sometimes it's hit and miss. You also have to have a good idea of the transition from screen to your own body: what looks good on your monitor won't always fit well, even if a model is used on the site (this has happened to me before.) One thing I would NEVER buy online is a suit. There are so many variables in a suit that just knowing "oh yeah, it's a 38R, that's my size." is about 10% of the equation.

Dre

Reaction score
Sorry, I hadn't read the other thread when I posted. Thanks for the insight.
smile.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Gentlemen:

I have about 80 sites, and cannot post them all. E-mail me if interested.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone find out where to get Energie jeans online yet? Also how much do they go for anyway? I'm still looking for a pair; have had no luck in NYC looking for them.

pstoller

Reaction score
Anyone find out where to get Energie jeans online yet? Also how much do they go for anyway? I'm still looking for a pair; have had no luck in NYC looking for them.
www.goclothing.com has Energie jeans. I haven't found any other US-based online sources. Prices are comparable to Diesel (@$130, depending on style).

jetLab

Reaction score
Energie jeans are used in the latest issue of Wallpaper*

Energie only makes clothes for men. Some eBay seller right now is listing them as for girls just because they are flared.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any Canadian e-tailers? Im not looking for high end. Just comfotable and reasonably priced. I dont really care if its name brand. A site like revolveclothing.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads