• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Online store with the best website/user-experience?

georgesoros

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone thinks is the best online clothing site (men or women's) in terms of website functionality and overall user-experience?

Also, what kind of functionality do you think is important for an web retailer (e.g. sorting, live-chat, good photography, editorial content)?

As of right now, my vote goes to Mr. Porter. The site is very cleanly designed with excellent (but not over-the top) sorting functionality, great photography and item descriptions, easy navigation, and unintrusive yet appealing editorial content.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren's RRL site... best by far.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure which is the best site, but i'd have to say that live chat is virtually useless for fashion. I also don't care at all about editorial content. Mr. Porter is a good site, but I find the styling extremely boring, and the selection is passable, but boring. I'd much rather see interesting looks and unusual pieces, like those found at LN-CC, which I probably couldn't do head-to-toe, but I would incorporate elements or ideas into my own wardrobe. However, I find their selection too limited, though it is uniformly interesting. In terms of selection, I find Oki-ni to be the most interesting.

I'll have to admit that I'm getting a little bored with designer and contemporary brands though, and that I'm finding myself gravitating more and more towards the streetwear/designer hybrids, like Sophnet, Undercover, and Nonnative, which are found on sites like havenshop.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any site that posts measurements is good in my books.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr Porter's raised the bar so high, I don't know how others can compete. Measurements, great looking pictures, style advice, country of origin, cool articles, etc.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mr Porter's raised the bar so high, I don't know how others can compete. Measurements, great looking pictures, style advice, country of origin, cool articles, etc.

Measurements and great pictures should be no-brainers for any online clothing vendor. This other stuff, while a nice thought, is kind of useless to me. I would imagine a lot of others feel the same way. I don't need my online stops for clothing to feel like some GQ hybrid with one-size-fits-all advice columns and hollow articles.

Forward was probably my favorite site until the atrocious site revamp. They had everything I value in an online retailer: Interesting selection, measurements for every item, good prices, plenty of good photos, excellent customer service.

I've never ordered from Oki-Ni, but their site is a joy to navigate, the brands are eclectic without being all over the place, measurements for most items are provided, and the photos are top-notch (especially with the roll-over zoom feature).

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
something you can filter through (colors, sizes)
measurements and a size chart
good photos

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any site that posts measurements is good in my books.

i dont get how sites like tres bien who dont post measurements do business. do they get bombarded with sizing questions before every is order is placed? they have a huge inventory which must be a pain to measure, but they only have to do it once. or are they content with people just returning things that don't fit right.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i dont get how sites like tres bien who dont post measurements do business. do they get bombarded with sizing questions before every is order is placed? they have a huge inventory which must be a pain to measure, but they only have to do it once. or are they content with people just returning things that don't fit right.

tbh, I never find measurement charts to be all that useful. For example, one of the most important measurements in jeans is the seat, but that is never reported, because it is much harder for people to measure accurately. I go by the familiarity I have with different brands. For example, I know that with very few exceptions, I will be a 48EU in Margiela, but a 50EU in most Dries van Noten, etc...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads