1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Online source for cool belts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by montecristo#4, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics. Though not my taste, the detailing does look well-crafted and not overstated. I've been looking at buying a few buckleless belts. Can you provide some more detail about the quality of the leather? How do you think it would compare against bridle leather?

2. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

The leather definitely isn't bridle leather. It isn't as soft and supple. But then again, what do you really want soft and supple leather for in a belt that you're wearing with jeans? The entire point is to look a little rugged. That's one of the reasons I added the tooling -- it just gives the belt a little more texture but isn't really obvious unless you look closely since the belt is dark brown.

The harness leather that the belt is made of is well suited to wearing the belt with jeans. I think it will take on a lot of character as it gets older. After just a couple wears, it is already starting to look cool and broken in.

That being said, I think you can get a bridle leather belt from that site if you special order it. I think maybe 1.5" is the max width you can order, however. I am thinking of having them do a bridle leather dress belt for me.

The belt I received has screws that hold in the buckle. The buckle itself is easily removed and replaced if you unscrew the screws (much better than snaps IMHO). They also sell buckle-less belts.

If you want something really wild, check out their ranger belts. A little too much for me and my conservative style, but I can see some people on this forum successfully rocking the ranger belt look.

Good luck.

M#4

3. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Well-Known Member

i've been in the market for a good belt- so i've been looking around. japan has: red moon (www.redmoon.co.jp) leather is amazing, so is the price. but worth it. visvim they make a few belts- one is flaky snakeskin belt with a silver buckle. i really want it, but it runs $350. sugar cane some pretty nice belts and samurai makes a few belts too. still looking though...

4. jedwards

jedwards Well-Known Member

i like the sound of the snakeskin visvim, but obviously not at that price!

any pics?