• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Online shopping

kamilk

Reaction score
Just curious how do you all shop online, personally I'm terrified to spend even a dollar for clothing or shoes online. I simply have to see the clothes on me to consider buying them. The only reason I ask is because Ive become tired of the crap around the malls and stores in my area and their are so many tempting buys online. We have the holtz and harrry rosens, but i find even their selection is quite boring.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. One thing you can do is one you figure your size on certain brands (say BB ESF shirts or AE shoes, assuming you know the last) then you can order those items. Otherwise, you need to know your measurements. There are things you can get away with and things you are probably better off buying at a true brick and mortar store. my $ .02

ktrp

Reaction score
Assume you are going to have to pay to ship some things back. Make peace with that reality.

changy

Reaction score
If the product is available in store and online (shoes), i try them out in the store first and then buy them online if the price is better. For things like jackets, know your dimension e.g. s2s, p2p, shoulder to cuff, etc.

AlmostFullBenefits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ktrp
Assume you are going to have to pay to ship some things back. Make peace with that reality.

This is a painful truth. Also, whenever possible, buy products you are already familiar with in terms of fit. And if you are unfamiliar with it, at least do an extensive search beforehand.

Jay

Reaction score
It's good to know what brands fit you, and then look for more of those brands online. Customer Service at some online stores can also provide you with actual measurements (rather than general size charts).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads