Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Online shopping vs In-store experience

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by naestyle, Nov 10, 2017.

1. naestyle

naestyle Member

Hey all!

I need your help! I am a business major in college, aspiring one day to start my own business. I am writing a paper for one of my business classes and the topic that I am discussing on my research paper is on online shopping and how its changed the mentality of the consumer, the paper will also have some emphasis on sneakers as well. Now we’ve all been challenged in my class to reach out to different communities, whether it’s online or on campus to do some surveying to collect our own data. I don’t post too often on the threads but I am an avid reader and value the opinions of this community. I would really appreciate it if members of this community would take the time to complete my 10 question survey, this should take no longer than 5 minutes of your time. Your answers will remain anonymous of course! My goal is to hit 100 surveys, please help me reach my goal.

https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/30B085

Thank you so much in advance!

Also, I would love to continue the discussion here as well. Any input is great!

2. robxznyc

robxznyc Distinguished Member

@naestyle Sharing my thoughts on two questions in your survey.

How brand name impact purchase decision?
    Making purchase decision is the process of finding the best value and price combination. The more we expect our appearance can help us accomplish the higher value we seek in apparel and shoe products. They have functional, psychological and social value, translated into we like shoes to be occasion appropriate, comfortable, supportive, and lasting (functional), as well as stylish and desirable (psychological and social).

Brand name is a huge factor for a value shopper. An average shopper often lacks the technical knowledge to evaluate shoes functional value so brand name becomes the equivalent of quality, durability, comfort, etc. Brand name's association with desirability and prestige is the direct indication of shoes psychological and social value.

What's your opinion on brands that are only Direct-To-Consumer vs. brands that are found in retail stores?Brands may choose to sell through direct to consumer or retail or both distribution channels in order for their products to reach their target market most effectively and efficiently, determined by their customers preferences for acquiring product information and purchasing. A retail strategy can either strengthen or tarnish brands perceived value. In comparison, brands have full control through direct to consumers over how they communicate their product value. This business strategy alone doesn't invoke opinions about the brands.

3. Mica2015

Mica2015 Well-Known Member

Only read the title, skip the whole chunk.

I do online 90% of time.

In store is nothing without staff that are patient and provide genuine advice, but most stores don't have them.

So, among other things, easy win for online.