• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Online shop to buy a slim fit leather jacket?

Julez

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm having real difficulties trying to find a slim fit leather jacket with a design similar to the first one in this video for less than $220 or so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KsL7...eature=related

I found this but i'm not sure how high the collar is.. i really want a small collar similar to the one in the video.
fz_belgrade_blk_exp.jpg

anybody know any sites with a similar slim fit leather jacket with a low collar?
worship2.gif

Robertito

Reaction score
I would imagine GQ would have the info on that specific jacket somewhere on their website, or at least someone there could tell you what jacket they used in the video. Good luck!

callejeros

Reaction score
Try Black Sissors on ebay.uk, they have great stuff and make personalized designs

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by callejeros
Try Black Sissors on ebay.uk, they have great stuff and make personalized designs

+1 Although the quality isn't great from what I've heard...

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AeroLeather and Baracuta has a leather slim harrington but the price is high.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
AeroLeather and Baracuta has a leather slim harrington but the price is high.

Aero...oh please

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
+1 Although the quality isn't great from what I've heard...

It is pretty good for the $140ish I paid for it.

mikey34

Reaction score
julez- what brand is that jacket you posted?

EdenResident

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
It is pretty good for the $140ish I paid for it.
Yup. The quality of the leather is incredible for the price I paid. The cut is also good. First time ever that I found a piece of clothing that's actually a little too slim for me. I'd definitely recommend blackscissors if you don't have moral qualms about buying knockoffs.

Julez

Reaction score
guys which is the best type of leather for slim fit leather jackets?

i've been told calfskin/lambskin are good.. what about cowhide?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Julez
guys which is the best type of leather for slim fit leather jackets? i've been told calfskin/lambskin are good.. what about cowhide?
It depends what you're looking for. Do you want a soft leather jacket or a stiff jacket that takes time to break in? How durable does it need to be?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Lambskin gives off a superb softness/depth and breaks in instantly, it's a nice choice of you aren't a rowdy person and take care of your clothes. It can split or crack easily though. Cowhide is tough, takes time to break in, but looks the business when it's all said and done.

$220 for a decent leather jacket though, don't get your hopes up... Even in today's world, a $400-500 new off the rack leather jacket can only be one of the two, either good leather, or well-fitting, but rarely or most likely never both....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads