• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Online Pedantics: the SF Graphic Tee Thread

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of band tees, never tried them but Madeworn makes some cool looking stuff. Jason Momoa wears a lot of their stuff

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of band tees, never tried them but Madeworn makes some cool looking stuff. Jason Momoa wears a lot of their stuff
Anyone tried these out? I'm looking for plain t-shirts, and the hemp ones from this brand look pretty cool (as do the graphic designs, just not my bands).

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I only wear shirts of bands I actually like, I remember when H&M started selling band tees I witnessed a discussion in a tram by two teenage girls discussing which clothing brand they think is better, The Ramones or Metallica?

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
black flag is my all time favorite band tee, especially after morrissey's far right political stance

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
black flag is my all time favorite band tee, especially after morrissey's far right political stance
Agreed. Although I personally wouldn't wear anything nearly that aggressive nowadays.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@steveoffice i got this Nails tee in 2011 when I graduated high school and have since worn it 2 or so days a week either painting or doing whatever around the house since then
NAILS-Unsilent_Death-TS-F_1024x1024.jpg

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to really like a lot of the number (n)ine stuff ie Star Trek logo, Einstein/Rolling Stones, etc.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Brian Procell is obviously a great source for vintage music tees, but they're crazy, crazy expensive. At least a few years ago when there was a ton of hype around them. I imagine that's still the case today. I tried to buy t-shirts for some of my favorite bands and prices were commonly in the $500-ish range, IIRC.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent purchase: Rem Koolhaas tee from BBB

DSC_0412_720x.jpg

DSC_0420_720x.jpg

Rem Koolhaas has been causing trouble in the world of architecture since his student days in London in the early 1970s. Architects want to build, and as they age most are willing to tone down their work if it will land them a juicy commission. But Koolhaas, 67, has remained a first-rate provocateur who, even in our conservative times, just can’t seem to behave. His China Central Television headquarters building, completed this past May, was described by some critics as a cynical work of propaganda and by others (including this one) as a masterpiece. Earlier projects have alternately awed and infuriated those who have followed his career, including a proposal to transform part of the Museum of Modern Art into a kind of ministry of self-promotion called MoMA Inc. (rejected) and an addition to the Whitney Museum of American Art that would loom over the existing landmark building like a cat pawing a ball of yarn (dropped).

R1_large.jpg

Koolhaas’ habit of shaking up established conventions has made him one of the most influential architects of his generation. A disproportionate number of the profession’s rising stars, including Winy Maas of the Dutch firm MVRDV and Bjarke Ingels of the Copenhagen-based BIG, did stints in his office. Architects dig through his books looking for ideas; students all over the world emulate him. The attraction lies, in part, in his ability to keep us off balance. Unlike other architects of his stature, such as Frank Gehry or Zaha Hadid, who have continued to refine their singular aesthetic visions over long careers, Koolhaas works like a conceptual artist—able to draw on a seemingly endless reservoir of ideas. Yet Koolhaas’ most provocative—and in many ways least understood—contribution to the cultural landscape is as an urban thinker. Not since Le Corbusier mapped his vision of the Modernist city in the 1920s and ’30s has an architect covered so much territory. Koolhaas has traveled hundreds of thousands of miles in search of commissions. Along the way, he has written half a dozen books on the evolution of the contemporary metropolis and designed master plans for, among other places, suburban Paris, the Libyan desert and Hong Kong.

https://boot-boyz.biz/products/rem

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^The one hanging from the antler is great, by whom?

The Hajime Sorayama x Dior ones are great in a cheesy way.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nyarlathotep they're all Lad Musician, the floral one on the antler was S/S19, not sure if its still available anywhere, think they have some similar prints upcoming though

grayfox

Reaction score
This is, uh, kind of low brow and not really a "fashion" graphic tee, but I've been into Midnight Rider. The brand is headed by this Iranian woman in Los Angeles who really loves country music (kind of a cool cross-cultural story, I think. I like it when people are into unexpected things). My understanding is that she's a fashion industry vet, but I don't really know much about her resume.

Anyway, she does this faux vintage country-rock tees. It's certainly "low brow" and kind of an Urban Outfitter product (they were, in fact, sold at UO). But I really like the stuff. There's a lot of detail here. The tees are kind of dyed in this chalky color so they have a lot of pre-worn vintage feel. They're also pick ripped the edges so they look frayed. The tees are all screen-printed, but the prints are cracked and faded. It's somewhat convincingly vintage looking.

Prices are reasonable. They're about $50 for a shirt. The stuff goes well with things like chore coats, fatigues, RRL, Visvim, and workwear type stuff.

View attachment 1217563

View attachment 1217562

View attachment 1217564

A YouTube link to Waylon Jennings, one of the artists who license out their image to Midnight Rider

This is cool. I can't find actual good vintage tees where I live but I love the look.

The guys beat to hell dickies and belt in the first photo is so good too ha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads