• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Online Pedantics: the SF Graphic Tee Thread

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Online Ceramics

online%252520ceramics%252520gq%252520style%2525203.jpg

boot-boys biz

1182903.jpg

Undercover

d8fb32630434bf3c2bc007db811b1e0e_listingImg_nlk38E4spg.jpg

bencap

Reaction score
Here is the text from the boot boyz biz "info" page for your enjoyment (amusement?):

Boot Boyz Biz is a project based research practice. Promoting access to ideas and activating knowledge is essential to our projects.

We investigate a wide range of phenomena, material we live by. We employ strategies of disinterment to produce new works that strive to open unique pathways.

?-ing provides a model for connecting with histories and ideas, allowing us attempts to capture essence and process intertextual relationships.

We understand t-shirts as means for a public sphere and as intermediaries that allow for different levels of experience to be synchronized in spaces we inhabit.

Which is a pretty longwinded way to say that they sell graphic tees (and some sweatshirts and pants).

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the undercover "A clockwork orange" t-shirts, but kinda with they didn't have the writing on the back.
zz-UCX3809_Q01-1.jpg

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love gosha’s the post-soviet skater youth tees

E3E9389E-6F93-4C74-A2DC-DBFCCF76D8F8.jpeg

http%3A%2F%2Fcoresites-cdn.factorymedia.com%2Fkingpin_new%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F09%2FPACCBET-interview-gosha-rubchinskiy-tolia-titaev-mood-1.jpg

938529.jpg

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is, uh, kind of low brow and not really a "fashion" graphic tee, but I've been into Midnight Rider. The brand is headed by this Iranian woman in Los Angeles who really loves country music (kind of a cool cross-cultural story, I think. I like it when people are into unexpected things). My understanding is that she's a fashion industry vet, but I don't really know much about her resume.

Anyway, she does this faux vintage country-rock tees. It's certainly "low brow" and kind of an Urban Outfitter product (they were, in fact, sold at UO). But I really like the stuff. There's a lot of detail here. The tees are kind of dyed in this chalky color so they have a lot of pre-worn vintage feel. They're also pick ripped the edges so they look frayed. The tees are all screen-printed, but the prints are cracked and faded. It's somewhat convincingly vintage looking.

Prices are reasonable. They're about $50 for a shirt. The stuff goes well with things like chore coats, fatigues, RRL, Visvim, and workwear type stuff.

A YouTube link to Waylon Jennings, one of the artists who license out their image to Midnight Rider

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Takahiro Miyashita’s Spring/Summer 2019 collection adjusts the levels of the alternative rock influences that inform his creative output. As with the actual music being celebrated, all subtlety has been purposefully set aside. Miyashita has taken famous imagery from celebrated Seattle scene photographer Charles Peterson and featured it prominently throughout the collection, from hyperbolic graphic tees to all over printed garments to reversible flaps.

Peterson’s black and white photography didn’t just document the nascent musical movement that would eventually be labeled grunge; it mythologized it. Peterson’s sometimes blurred, sometimes light streaked, wide-angle action shots captured the total live experience, rather than lead singer glamor poses. This anti-rock star ideal is replicated throughout the Spring/Summer collection, as the photographs become an aspect of Miyashita’s larger, intricately tailored, progressive aesthetic, rather than a singular focus.

TAKAHIROMIYASHITA The Soloist also highlights other aspects of Americana into the grunge-centric collection. Bomber jacket silhouettes made from reclaimed vintage quilt patterns, an oversized, label branded, poncho/blanket hybrid, and the designer’s own, distinctive takes on staple pieces.

93c263298f434e165562a0a975322a94.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 11.22.57 PM.png
写真 2019-05-15 13 03 27.jpg

写真 2019-05-15 13 02 43.jpg

写真 2019-05-15 13 02 32.jpg

6_1grunge_nirvana_soundgarden_sub_pop_1.jpg

dkboze

Reaction score
This is, uh, kind of low brow and not really a "fashion" graphic tee, but I've been into Midnight Rider. The brand is headed by this Iranian woman in Los Angeles who really loves country music (kind of a cool cross-cultural story, I think. I like it when people are into unexpected things). My understanding is that she's a fashion industry vet, but I don't really know much about her resume.

Anyway, she does this faux vintage country-rock tees. It's certainly "low brow" and kind of an Urban Outfitter product (they were, in fact, sold at UO). But I really like the stuff. There's a lot of detail here. The tees are kind of dyed in this chalky color so they have a lot of pre-worn vintage feel. They're also pick ripped the edges so they look frayed. The tees are all screen-printed, but the prints are cracked and faded. It's somewhat convincingly vintage looking.

Prices are reasonable. They're about $50 for a shirt. The stuff goes well with things like chore coats, fatigues, RRL, Visvim, and workwear type stuff.

View attachment 1217563

View attachment 1217562

View attachment 1217564

A YouTube link to Waylon Jennings, one of the artists who license out their image to Midnight Rider

Love waylon, would be into rocking a Waylon shirt. Is this the one? I like it... not sure I can pull off the butt https://www.shopmidnightrider.com/products/ass-in-free-waylon-jennings-mens-tee-shirt

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love waylon, would be into rocking a Waylon shirt. Is this the one? I like it... not sure I can pull off the butt https://www.shopmidnightrider.com/products/ass-in-free-waylon-jennings-mens-tee-shirt

Hm, yea, that design might be harder to pull off. This is the section with all the Waylon shirts:

I personally find the black shirts to be easier to wear in outfits, but the white ones can be cool too. I just think the washed-out color on the black ones make them look more authentic. That said, I like this shirt:

I also like their ZZ Top designs.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also like this Grace Jones tee, but $200 is a lot of money for a t-shirt

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads