1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Online made to measure service?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MrKite, Sep 11, 2011.

1. MrKite

MrKite New Member

I'm currently not in the country (UK) and desperately need a good new suit for an occasion.

Do you recommend any reputable tailor that would provide made to measure online service (I still have measurement from previous tailors).

Much appreciate.

2. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

why don't you call/email your previous tailor and order something to be mailed to you. If he/she has your pattern and measurements on file and worked for you before the result is likely better than handing his/her measurements on to some online tailor.

3. MrKite

MrKite New Member

I wanted to do the same thing, but sadly they are just out of business :(

If not possible please recommend me any good RTW on the market , bugdet is under 2k.

I heard Kilgour has RTW line but I cannot find online page for it, gutted.

4. Leonel Dante

Leonel Dante Well-Known Member

There are many online tailors, you can find info about them in this forum.

5. tennisguru

tennisguru Senior member

I've always used Barrington Ayre for my shirts and Tom is ow doing my Greatcoat too, I know others who have had suits from him and they have been delighted with the results - could be worth a look.

Cheers

6. rossjamesparker

rossjamesparker Member

Tennisguru - how did your greatcoat work out? I am moving to the West Country and considering Barrington Ayre. I'd be very keen to see any pics: suits, outerwear, shirts, etc.

7. dottyiscool

dottyiscool New Member

I've always used Indochino or Black Lapel for suits and for shirts ProperCloth, pretty fast service for down under and I prefer the Thomas Mason fabrics.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  8. sturm07

sturm07 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  9. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I believe Turnbull & Asser asks you to come in shop for a fitting. Once the pattern is on file you can order by phone or internet. Are you saying you're in the UK or not in the UK when you say you're out of country?