1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Online High end home interior websites?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Pantisocrat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Distinguished Member

Where do you guys go to buy insanely expensive home interior goods? Like a lead crystal planter and shagreen service trays?

2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Stylish Dinosaur

There really is no depot for it, it takes a lot of searching. BTW, do you mean a planter or do you mean a vase?

A couple places that come to mind:

- High end jewelers and jewelry makers, Hamilton Jewelers, Tiffany, Cartier, ect.
    - Bergdorf Home
    - Niemans and saks.
    - 'lifestyle' type shops like Dunhill, davidoff, ect.
    - Other high end retailers such as Louis Vuitton, ect.

3. Medwed

Medwed Distinguished Member

Boston-NYC-Helsinki-Pietari-Budapest-Antwerp-Basel
    Obviously auctions, unless you want to own modern garbage made in 3rd world country.

4. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Stylish Dinosaur

That's not fair in the least.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012

5. The Dentist

The Dentist Well-Known Member

I was wondering about this myself! I need lots of stuff for my home, including a tray that is stainless steel but looks like an old fashioned silver tray. That'd be nice.

6. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Distinguished Member

From my experience, every country produces some sort of luxury products and if not at the very least produces the materials for luxury goods. This is why emeralds from Myanmar and malachite from Namibia are some of the finest. I was referring to lead crystal planter, for plants rather than flowers, because lead crystal vases of all sizes are fairly common. I have lived in the Third World so I always appreciate the achievements and potential of Third World citizens.