• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Onitsuka's - where to buy

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
So I'm pretty pysched about the look of the Onitsuka Tai Chi shoes:

23887_450_45.jpg

Now my question, is google/froogle my best friend in finding discounted ones or is there some SF place that i can get them for less than 55 dollars?

Augusto86

Reaction score
*bump* SEriously, I'm curious about this.

Max

Reaction score
The fact that you go to brandeis comes as absolutely no surprise to me.

advan031

Reaction score
onlineshoes.com or zappos

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
The fact that you go to brandeis comes as absolutely no surprise to me.
*looks around*
n9801748_30425783_107.jpg
Why? Oh, wait...is it because I go to Brandeis and Brandeis is Jewish and all Jews are cheap?? LOL. Yeah, I'm actually the token non-Jew. But funny nonetheless.

dryice

Reaction score
i think it has more to do with your shoe selection. ref: this thread and the puma thread. u can get tai chi's pretty much anywhere; zappos or tannery in boston. rock whatever you want, but i think people were suggesting m88's and i was suggesting u81 flavors in ref to asics.

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dryice
i think it has more to do with your shoe selection. ref: this thread and the puma thread. u can get tai chi's pretty much anywhere; zappos or tannery in boston. rock whatever you want, but i think people were suggesting m88's and i was suggesting u81 flavors in ref to asics.
M88? U81? I'm missing something here. And yeah, I guess I am a little more into the trendy stuff than the majority of boardmembers. I guess I just happen to like the aesthetic - sleek shoes, jeans with cool detailing, etc. etc. But what are these? Different types of Asics shoes? Nevermind, I got it - Mexico 66 and Ultimate 81 Asics. Jesus Christ on a Cracker, there are a lot of different colors.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I'm missing something here.
I know I am. What the **** do your shoes have to do with Brandeis?

Max

Reaction score
*looks around*
Oh, wait...is it because I go to Brandeis and Brandeis is Jewish and all Jews are cheap?? LOL. Yeah, I'm actually the token non-Jew. But funny nonetheless.

We have a winner!

Drop the 55 bucks or get on ebay.

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
We have a winner!

Drop the 55 bucks or get on ebay.

I'm glad we're on the same page. No joke though - after 5 semesters here, I am really kind of sick of Jewish culture. For whatever reason, the majority of my friends here are gentiles and Muslims - I guess we just clump together in the face of the insane Jewishness of the place.

I'm going to Egypt come January - that should wash the Jew-Overload out of my system and make me happy to come back to matzoh and kosher food.

So now all I have to do is choose which one of the 6 million combinations I want for my new Onitsukas!!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm glad we're on the same page. No joke though - after 5 semesters here, I am really kind of sick of Jewish culture. For whatever reason, the majority of my friends here are gentiles and Muslims - I guess we just clump together in the face of the insane Jewishness of the place.

I'm going to Egypt come January - that should wash the Jew-Overload out of my system and make me happy to come back to matzoh and kosher food.

So now all I have to do is choose which one of the 6 million combinations I want for my new Onitsukas!!

Try to avoid using the number "6 million".

Max

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Try to avoid using the number "6 million".
Ha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics