• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Onitsuka's - where to buy

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
0
So I'm pretty pysched about the look of the Onitsuka Tai Chi shoes:



Now my question, is google/froogle my best friend in finding discounted ones or is there some SF place that i can get them for less than 55 dollars?
 

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
0
*bump* SEriously, I'm curious about this.
 

Max

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
758
Reaction score
0
The fact that you go to brandeis comes as absolutely no surprise to me.
 

advan031

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
245
Reaction score
58
onlineshoes.com or zappos
 

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Max
The fact that you go to brandeis comes as absolutely no surprise to me.
*looks around*
Why? Oh, wait...is it because I go to Brandeis and Brandeis is Jewish and all Jews are cheap?? LOL. Yeah, I'm actually the token non-Jew. But funny nonetheless.
 

dryice

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2006
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
i think it has more to do with your shoe selection. ref: this thread and the puma thread. u can get tai chi's pretty much anywhere; zappos or tannery in boston. rock whatever you want, but i think people were suggesting m88's and i was suggesting u81 flavors in ref to asics.
 

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by dryice
i think it has more to do with your shoe selection. ref: this thread and the puma thread. u can get tai chi's pretty much anywhere; zappos or tannery in boston. rock whatever you want, but i think people were suggesting m88's and i was suggesting u81 flavors in ref to asics.
M88? U81? I'm missing something here. And yeah, I guess I am a little more into the trendy stuff than the majority of boardmembers. I guess I just happen to like the aesthetic - sleek shoes, jeans with cool detailing, etc. etc. But what are these? Different types of Asics shoes? Nevermind, I got it - Mexico 66 and Ultimate 81 Asics. Jesus Christ on a Cracker, there are a lot of different colors.
 

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
5,128
Reaction score
72
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I'm missing something here.
I know I am. What the fuck do your shoes have to do with Brandeis?
 

Max

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
758
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Augusto86
*looks around*
Oh, wait...is it because I go to Brandeis and Brandeis is Jewish and all Jews are cheap?? LOL. Yeah, I'm actually the token non-Jew. But funny nonetheless.

We have a winner!

Drop the 55 bucks or get on ebay.
 

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Max
We have a winner!

Drop the 55 bucks or get on ebay.


I'm glad we're on the same page. No joke though - after 5 semesters here, I am really kind of sick of Jewish culture. For whatever reason, the majority of my friends here are gentiles and Muslims - I guess we just clump together in the face of the insane Jewishness of the place.

I'm going to Egypt come January - that should wash the Jew-Overload out of my system and make me happy to come back to matzoh and kosher food.

So now all I have to do is choose which one of the 6 million combinations I want for my new Onitsukas!!
 

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Feb 17, 2002
Messages
14,914
Reaction score
98
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I'm glad we're on the same page. No joke though - after 5 semesters here, I am really kind of sick of Jewish culture. For whatever reason, the majority of my friends here are gentiles and Muslims - I guess we just clump together in the face of the insane Jewishness of the place.

I'm going to Egypt come January - that should wash the Jew-Overload out of my system and make me happy to come back to matzoh and kosher food.

So now all I have to do is choose which one of the 6 million combinations I want for my new Onitsukas!!

Try to avoid using the number "6 million".
 

Max

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
758
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by j
Try to avoid using the number "6 million".
Ha.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 270 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 130 15.8%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 70 8.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 48 5.8%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 52 6.3%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,099
Messages
9,228,597
Members
193,720
Latest member
swtxzdj
Top