1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Oni Jeans?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Augusto86, Sep 20, 2006.

1. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

BUMP again...

how can none of you bitches have a decent pair of onis to post.

these are like one of the best cuts known to man. wtf?

Sorry, no fit pics for me yet, but I agree with you. The Blue cut, sized down 1 or 2, is one of my favorite fits ever.

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Sorry, no fit pics for me yet, but I agree with you. The Blue cut, sized down 1 or 2, is one of my favorite fits ever.
    totally agree! poly...fit pics please. thanks! [​IMG]

3. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

BUMP again... how can none of you bitches have a decent pair of onis to post. these are like one of the best cuts known to man. wtf?
    Here is my Oni 1001-HM (blue fit), sized up one, currently on rotation (this is worn for 2 days, don't have a recent pic sorry): [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] My 2009 version of the Ghost Twist denim (19 oz) in storage till winter 2011: [​IMG] [​IMG] For more Oni write-ups and pictures, please have a look here: http://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/category/oni-denim/

4. whatever123

[​IMG] bump this thead because i wish i could do this pose like VINSON, lol. i want to start wearing my onis but i got like three pairs to do before my blues. fuuuuuck!

5. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Starting to see some progress on my 1001-HM: [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. whatever123

you gotta rub it in mike dont ya! [​IMG]

7. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

you gotta rub it in mike dont ya! [​IMG]

Haha, I've only got 3 more weeks to spend with these before the Roy x Cone contest starts, and won't be seeing them until 2012 =(

Oni's fabric is just so amazing, one of the most interesting denim out there - very tactile, subtly slubby.

8. whatever123

Haha, I've only got 3 more weeks to spend with these before the Roy x Cone contest starts, and won't be seeing them until 2012 =( Oni's fabric is just so amazing, one of the most interesting denim out there - very tactile, subtly slubby.
    totally. this is my second pair of blues. my first pair were from back in 07' when they did the single-stitch back arc. but they were to big so i sold after only a few months worth of real wear. i missed them so much i got a pair in my correct size. [​IMG][​IMG]

9. whatever123

hey mikecch, what are your thoughts on the construction of your 1001s? is the top stitching really sewn with a single machine? do you think they would hold up okay with a year or two of solid wear? i have never seen them in person so i wanted to get your thoughts on them. thanks.

10. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

hey mikecch, what are your thoughts on the construction of your 1001s? is the top stitching really sewn with a single machine? do you think they would hold up okay with a year or two of solid wear? i have never seen them in person so i wanted to get your thoughts on them. thanks.
    That is what I've been told by the Oni dudes at Hinoya. Everything, except for the overlocking at some of the seams (e.g. the outseam), was done with single stitch. I dunno if it is one or two or three machines, but I imagine they would use a separate machines for the locking? If done with a single-needle stitch, I imagine the seams would be very labour intensive. Not super sure, need expert input on this one... I've had them for a short while now, and none of the stitches have come loose - I reckon they're pretty safe. [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. whatever123

cool thanks. keep us up to date.

do you know if there using the same denim in both the blues and the hand-made 1001s? i know on paper they are both 14 oz denim ... this whole hand-made single needle thing is new to me in raw denim so i am trying to learn about it.

12. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Does anyone know if they still make the Oni red fit?

BiG used to have two coded jeans - red and blue, in addition to the shoai.

They dropped the red, kept the blue, and rakuten don't seem to code the jeans in the same way... can't tell if the red's are 0220 or ONI-60 or what.

13. whatever123

Does anyone know if they still make the Oni red fit? BiG used to have two coded jeans - red and blue, in addition to the shoai. They dropped the red, kept the blue, and rakuten don't seem to code the jeans in the same way... can't tell if the red's are 0220 or ONI-60 or what.
    do you not like the blue fit? i havent seen the old red in a while. they better do a shoai this year. still waiting to hear back from g to see if i can order.

14. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

No, I like the blue fit (but like the 1001s more). I'm just always more interested in the more relaxed version of any jean, but can't remember exactly the specs of the red.

15. whatever123

No, I like the blue fit (but like the 1001s more). I'm just always more interested in the more relaxed version of any jean, but can't remember exactly the specs of the red.

i think the red was a tad larger in the thigh, knee, and hem. im not sure about the rise though.

16. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

cool thanks. keep us up to date.

do you know if there using the same denim in both the blues and the hand-made 1001s? i know on paper they are both 14 oz denim ... this whole hand-made single needle thing is new to me in raw denim so i am trying to learn about it.

As far as I can tell it's the same denim...I think there are subtle variations from batch to batch, but essentially the same thing.

Does anyone know if they still make the Oni red fit?

BiG used to have two coded jeans - red and blue, in addition to the shoai.

They dropped the red, kept the blue, and rakuten don't seem to code the jeans in the same way... can't tell if the red's are 0220 or ONI-60 or what.

Yeah, they do.
    Just have to look at the measurements if you can't read Japanese, but usually it's indicated in Kanji.
    赤鬼 = red
    青鬼 = blue

Older models also had blue/red buttons as further indicators.

17. whatever123

18. commodorewheeler

Does anyone know if they still make the Oni red fit? BiG used to have two coded jeans - red and blue, in addition to the shoai. They dropped the red, kept the blue, and rakuten don't seem to code the jeans in the same way... can't tell if the red's are 0220 or ONI-60 or what.
    I'm pretty sure that they do, it's just that BiG doesn't carry any of them right now. There is more than one model in the red cut, so that's why the model numbering might be confusing.

19. commodorewheeler

The reds are definitely looser than the blues, there should be some specs on Rakuten.

20. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Oni Blues are going to be my next pair of denim... just have to wait for BiG's restock in the spring!