1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Oni Jeans?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Augusto86, Sep 20, 2006.

1. VINSON

VINSON Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, this seems to be the only Oni Jeans thread. I just picked up a pair of these today: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28 Hopefully they'll stretch; I don't plan on washing them for a long time. I tried looking for an official site but couldn't find any. All I know is I like the cut and measurements and that they are made in Japan. They also don't seem to be too popular here; was wondering why that might be.

2. Smokestack

Smokestack Senior Member

I got that same pair at BiG. Great jeans. Think you'll be quite happy with them.

3. jacksonr

jacksonr Well-Known Member

I have the regular oni blues. They shrank a decent amount with a hot soak, but easily stretched out past the tagged size (I got 28s but my true waist is 29-30). There is a good thread all about Oni jeans over at superfuture too.

4. Serg

Serg Senior Member

I never got the big deal over big slub jeans[​IMG]

5. VINSON

VINSON Well-Known Member

They're affordable [​IMG] By picked up a pair, I mean I bought it online; the shipping on the jeans was killer though =/ I saw the thread on super future; although it seems there's only 1 picture of the Kabuki-Vedge model. Does anyone know if the company is American or Japanese? I read somewhere it said they weren't Japanese but the jeans are MIJ

6. irbe

irbe Distinguished Member

Oni = Slub
    Happy with my REDS

7. PG2G

PG2G Distinguished Member

Hey everyone, this seems to be the only Oni Jeans thread.

I just picked up a pair of these today:
    http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28
    Hopefully they'll stretch; I don't plan on washing them for a long time.

I tried looking for an official site but couldn't find any. All I know is I like the cut and measurements and that they are made in Japan. They also don't seem to be too popular here; was wondering why that might be.

Hopefully you're going to give them that initial soak/wash?

8. buttonman

buttonman Senior Member

^ was going to ask that. it's unsanforized denim

9. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior Member

Hey everyone, this seems to be the only Oni Jeans thread.

I just picked up a pair of these today:
    http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28
    Hopefully they'll stretch; I don't plan on washing them for a long time.

I tried looking for an official site but couldn't find any. All I know is I like the cut and measurements and that they are made in Japan. They also don't seem to be too popular here; was wondering why that might be.

Sorry to break it to you, but these aren't sanforized and will shrink quite a bit.

10. VINSON

VINSON Well-Known Member

Hopefully you're going to give them that initial soak/wash?
    Hey, I plan on washing them later; I don't really understand the reasoning behind soaking before wearing. edit: I mean besides the change in measurements; is there anything that goes wrong with the jeans if you don't soak before hand?
    Sorry to break it to you, but these aren't sanforized and will shrink quite a bit.
    yup, i'm glad they'll shrink

11. PG2G

Well, if you actually do put any wear into them, there is a pretty big chance that it will move when they are washed and your new creases won't line up with the old.

I don't understand the point of not soaking them.

Anyway, Oni is Japanese and I believe is the in house brand of the store Hinoya.

12. somatoform

somatoform Distinguished Member

Funny... everytime I thought of Oni I thought of those $1000 pair of jeans they have, so I never gave the brand the time of day.

But ever since reading this thread, I now know that their both affordable and have great cuts. I'm liking the Oni red fits.

13. PG2G

You like your jeans pretty relaxed? The blue is the more normalish straight fit.

14. VINSON

VINSON Well-Known Member

Well, if you actually do put any wear into them, there is a pretty big chance that it will move when they are washed and your new creases won't line up with the old. I don't understand the point of not soaking them. Anyway, Oni is Japanese and I believe is the in house brand of the store Hinoya.
    oh, didn't think of that [​IMG] I thought jeans faded better before a wash which was why everyone didn't watch for a whole year or whatever I thought since denim stretches with wear and shrinks with a wash, I could stretch before shrinking instead of the usual shrink before stretching.

15. PG2G

Unsanforized jeans are what can be referred to as shrink-to-fit. They will lose roughly 1.5-2 inches in the waist, 3 inches in the inseam, and around a .5 inch in other measurements.

You are supposed to soak these before you start wearing them, they probably won't fit otherwise. Either that or you screwed up on the sizing and they won't fit after the soak :p