• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1575145493861.png
1575145494546.png

Second fitting of @kolecho 's grey Minnis run ( https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...the-cloth-thread.56404/page-1698#post-9560299 ) at B&Tailor last Tuesday. Doing a three piece + spare pents. Trousers getting an extra 1-1.5CM in length (more on my right where I learned I have a slightly higher right hip)

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gennaro's work so far looks nice. Will this coat have (or did you consider having) functional buttons all the way to the gorge? I'm looking to commission an ulster coat with such a construction next year, but it seems to me that the breast button would need to come in a bit toward the center (might even fall under the lapel). Also, I'm doubtful whether a straight line could be maintained all the way up - the lapel on Simon Crompton's Cifonelli coat, when fully buttoned, appears to arc back towards the neck (where it buttons again), which is probably inevitable on this kind of construction, but I'm not entirely convinced that it looks good. Of course, in extreme "button to the top" conditions, "the look" is secondary...

Yes, mine will be a 6x3 closure and then a hidden button under the collar so it will fasten all the way up and the collar look like an over sized gillie collar. Gennaro also tried this configuration during the fitting to ensure that he got it right.

krakatoa

Reaction score
Yes, mine will be a 6x3 closure and then a hidden button under the collar so it will fasten all the way up and the collar look like an over sized gillie collar. Gennaro also tried this configuration during the fitting to ensure that he got it right.

Please share photos of the coat when completed. Thanks!

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1290193 View attachment 1290194

Second fitting of @kolecho 's grey Minnis run ( https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...the-cloth-thread.56404/page-1698#post-9560299 ) at B&Tailor last Tuesday. Doing a three piece + spare pents. Trousers getting an extra 1-1.5CM in length (more on my right where I learned I have a slightly higher right hip)
Saw some of the photos on their IG. Looks good so far—both the tailoring and the kolecho x Minnis. I haven’t made plans for mine yet, but nice to see made up.

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
Eight fittings?

Joe does like his fittings... And to be fair I work around the corner so not exactly an invo tv
At eight, I would have asked for three more, just to get to 11 and say I did it for the culture.

Maybe next time... To be fair this was pretty extreme, but also driven by two things: 1) I told Joe that we had plenty of time so let’s really get it right; and 2) I had surgery on a torn leg muscle during the process which threw a whole bunch of complication into the fit

I was not in a rush, I am local, I really enjoy the process so for me it was perfect

vinveritas

Reaction score
Seamaster Lux's example reflects my recent experience with WW Chan. They listened to what I wanted and got the specs right at the first fitting, including a clean back. It was a pleasurable experience. I must say WWC has become a crack unit compared to when they did my first suit years back.

MCBC1

Reaction score
Hi All - Here’s a jacket I’ve received from Solito. It’s my first jacket from Solito in a 11 oz cashmere from Loro Piana. Would appreciate other folks’ views.

My initial observations in fit is that the back is a bit tight and I think this is noticeable in pulling along the back seam along with a roll below the collar. Jacket needs to be pressed as it was mailed so please take that into account.

Attachments

• 4E1002AF-0987-40DD-915E-B61FF735D3BF.jpeg
    4E1002AF-0987-40DD-915E-B61FF735D3BF.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 158
  • D5A85DB6-6201-4EAD-9AE4-1FDD7D85E3ED.jpeg
    D5A85DB6-6201-4EAD-9AE4-1FDD7D85E3ED.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 16D1EFA8-5BA0-4060-AB6F-5F552AAFA7E1.jpeg
    16D1EFA8-5BA0-4060-AB6F-5F552AAFA7E1.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 166

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads