• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He’s wearing those trousers far too low on his hips. They should be on the natural waist and held in place by a pair of braces.

Right now they look like diapers ...

Alan Bee

Are you saying that because of where his jacket falls? I've noticed that Lin likes his jackets made fairly short. Edwin is an excellent tailor but will make mistakes from time to time but one thing he always gets right is the trousers. ALWAYS.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that because of where his jacket falls? I've noticed that Lin likes his jackets made fairly short. Edwin is an excellent tailor but will make mistakes from time to time but one thing he always gets right is the trousers. ALWAYS.

The Lord, read again. I said, "He's wearing those trousers far too low on his hips". I have no doubt the trousers are well cut but he's not wearing them right. Look how the crotch is sagging. The crotch should sit up much higher if worn properly at the natural waist (preferably with suspenders).

Alan Bee

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Lord, read again. I said, "He's wearing those trousers far too low on his hips". I have no doubt the trousers are well cut but he's not wearing them right. Look how the crotch is sagging. The crotch should sit up much higher if worn properly at the natural waist (preferably with suspenders).

Alan Bee

That’s Superb to you mister. I still can’t tell anything about the trousers from the stance he’s making. I’d have to see them in person. Most people wear suspenders when they are wearing a vest.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those pants are totally resting on his hips. :rolleyes:

And as for the charge that the pants look like a diaper ...

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I also had a first fitting of this new DB coat made from LL tweed. Hard to say much at this stage, but I truly trust the skills of Maestro Paone and think it will be a beautiful coat.

Attachments

• 39ED9ECC-E1E1-49B5-80D2-E10232CA3E47.jpeg
    39ED9ECC-E1E1-49B5-80D2-E10232CA3E47.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 92
  • BE8263A3-EAB3-45E0-8EEE-935E60AC74F8.jpeg
    BE8263A3-EAB3-45E0-8EEE-935E60AC74F8.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 103

krakatoa

Reaction score
So, I also had a first fitting of this new DB coat made from LL tweed. Hard to say much at this stage, but I truly trust the skills of Maestro Paone and think it will be a beautiful coat.

Gennaro's work so far looks nice. Will this coat have (or did you consider having) functional buttons all the way to the gorge? I'm looking to commission an ulster coat with such a construction next year, but it seems to me that the breast button would need to come in a bit toward the center (might even fall under the lapel). Also, I'm doubtful whether a straight line could be maintained all the way up - the lapel on Simon Crompton's Cifonelli coat, when fully buttoned, appears to arc back towards the neck (where it buttons again), which is probably inevitable on this kind of construction, but I'm not entirely convinced that it looks good. Of course, in extreme "button to the top" conditions, "the look" is secondary...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads