• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L.deJong

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you've mentioned it before, but what tailor do you use?
Thank you for asking. My tailor is Gianni Lovadina:

He travels to The Netherlands

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Since I’ve got my pattern down now I ordered this suit straight to finish with our tailoring shop. The only tweak needed at the final (and only needed) fitting was moving the buttons out by one cm.

Taylor and Lodge Lumb’s Golden Bale cloth:
4A0948B1-46D5-4697-8332-32BFF6AA1AC4.jpeg

The final suit:
4D3DD816-BE88-46E1-83DE-8AC62954F866.jpeg

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear @Molvin90,

Welcome to the forum!

I find this fabric quite interesting, thus I have to ask you some details about it: brand, exact composition (100% linen, or linen-mix), weight.

Since this was your first fitting, I am concerned about the alignment of the plaid. To be more specific, the plaid of the PoW has to be matched between the torso and the sleeves, "creating" in a way a continuum. From your fitting pictures - and I am quite certain that it is not a matter of the angle - it seems that this does not exist, however your tailor may be able to fix it. If I were you, I would at least discuss it with him.

I shall be waiting for your answers on the above questions, and I wish you to enjoy your SC in health!

Best,

Dimitris

Molvin90

Reaction score
Dear @Molvin90,

Welcome to the forum!

I find this fabric quite interesting, thus I have to ask you some details about it: brand, exact composition (100% linen, or linen-mix), weight.

Since this was your first fitting, I am concerned about the alignment of the plaid. To be more specific, the plaid of the PoW has to be matched between the torso and the sleeves, "creating" in a way a continuum. From your fitting pictures - and I am quite certain that it is not a matter of the angle - it seems that this does not exist, however your tailor may be able to fix it. If I were you, I would at least discuss it with him.

I shall be waiting for your answers on the above questions, and I wish you to enjoy your SC in health!

Best,

Dimitris

Good Afternoon,

It’s 100% linen from Harrison and i believe it’s 330g
And about the pattern matching on sleeve, i have already enquired it with the tailor. It wont happen on the actual jacket because he will align the pattern on the jacket when attaching the sleeve

Thank you for your attention!

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I think the curve along the side looks a little to dramatic, so I would let out the waist a bit. Of course, this is preference. Also a bit short.

Molvin90

Reaction score
Suit jacket must cover bum!!!

It’s actually already on the right length on the back, seen from the second photo’s glass reflection and the back photo
The tailor told me i have long upper body and hands, thats why the looks short compared to the real proportion
I asked to lengthen the front for 2 cm

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Biggest concern I see is how low the jacket collar sits at the center back seam in relation to the shirt collar.
It's a trim jacket and looks good otherwise. Would lengthen the fronts from the top as suggested. It's up the the owner how trim he wants the chest and the button can be lowered as us31 suggested.
So much changes after the 1st fitting and nothing you see in this fitting is permanent at this point.

Molvin90

Reaction score
Biggest concern I see is how low the jacket collar sits at the center back seam in relation to the shirt collar.
It's a trim jacket and looks good otherwise. Would lengthen the fronts from the top as suggested. It's up the the owner how trim he wants the chest and the button can be lowered as us31 suggested.
So much changes after the 1st fitting and nothing you see in this fitting is permanent at this point.

Thank you for the suggestion and attention sir!
Will update some picture after the second fitting
Hope everything turns out well

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads