• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds promising. Have heard good things about Saint Gregory. Interested to see the results.

Reactions: EFV

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New suit from my own tailoring shop, from a Moon tweed cloth:

DSCF1885.jpg
DSCF1889.jpg

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks great. How heavy is the tweed?
Alex

Cheers, it’s 375g

Nice! Where is your tailoring shop, where the suit is cut and sewn?

Tailoring shop is Götrich, on Linnégatan 75 in Stockholm. We make in-house tailoring, but this one is made through my business partners in London. Same process as in-house tailoring, but with production in their, much bigger, workshop.

Skanstull

Reaction score
Cheers, it’s 375g

Tailoring shop is Götrich, on Linnégatan 75 in Stockholm. We make in-house tailoring, but this one is made through my business partners in London. Same process as in-house tailoring, but with production in their, much bigger, workshop.
I understand, thanks - yes I’ve read about your association with Cad @ the Dandy but I was not aware you had in house abilities in Stockholm as well!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I understand, thanks - yes I’ve read about your association with Cad @ the Dandy but I was not aware you had in house abilities in Stockholm as well!

We do, but since I don't want to tie up our one master tailor with making a suit for myself (60 hours of work I actually prefer her to use for full paying customers), I rather use C&D, since I've really dialed in the kind of fit I like with them. We've also got Jussi, our manager, taking measurements and doing final alterations, which means the final suits are slightly different from C&D in London. Not that they're not great, it's just that Jussi has made me bespoke garments before I bought Götrich, and he knows my slightly softer preferences, construction wise.

Skanstull

Reaction score
We do, but since I don't want to tie up our one master tailor with making a suit for myself (60 hours of work I actually prefer her to use for full paying customers), I rather use C&D, since I've really dialed in the kind of fit I like with them. We've also got Jussi, our manager, taking measurements and doing final alterations, which means the final suits are slightly different from C&D in London. Not that they're not great, it's just that Jussi has made me bespoke garments before I bought Götrich, and he knows my slightly softer preferences, construction wise.

Looking forward to see pictures of suits and jackets fatto tutto a mano a Stoccolma!

Reactions: EFV

Dannefalk

Reaction score

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads