• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Was only asking of the make. Italy is obvious to the trained eye. 😉

only Bedford cord I knew of in sample books was Holland & Sherry. I have a few yards, color is a few steps darker than a marshmallow

JHWilliams

Reaction score

only Bedford cord I knew of in sample books was Holland & Sherry. I have a few yards, color is a few steps darker than a marshmallow
Dugdale Invincible Collection has some beautiful woolen cords!!!

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

8c685d11-8dc3-4fba-8ff9-e94e6c2919f1.jpeg

@Despos italian or English?

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sense this is a trick question
well, typically fishtail backs are associated with English tailoring. so, I was intrigued when my friend & trousersmaker, Marco cerrato, had a model doing a fishtail back in Napoli. I figured I’d give it a go. I’m pleased with the result

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
well, typically fishtail backs are associated with English tailoring. so, I was intrigued when my friend & trousersmaker, Marco cerrato, had a model doing a fishtail back in Napoli. I figured I’d give it a go. I’m pleased with the result
@jonathanS

What type of fabric is this shirt?

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Best heavy hopsack is by Drapers. Hardly anyone knew about it because it was in their formal book.
Soft enough to feel like a sweater with enough body that it tailored well and you could shape it perfectly.
Hardy enough to hold its shape and not bag. Didn’t attract lint like you might expect.
Wore light for it‘s weight.
two colors, dark navy and darker navy.
it isn’t in the latest formal book, will find out if they still offer it

now you have to reveal it ahahaha

That is, the fabric code for sure.

If it's from the old(er) bunch, doesn't matter, we'll track it down.

Best,

Dimitris

Our treasured @Despos, would you be kind enough to post the old Drapers fabric code?

Thank you in advance,

Dimitris

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
View attachment 1967425
And the lighter weight version View attachment 1967427 As you can see, Drapers cloth woven in England

Yes, indeed!

They have done it with other kind of fabric as well; I have in my image data base Drapers donegal fabrics (two colors: forest green and burgundy) made in England.

As you have already highlighted it has to do with the aspired result in relation to the experience, proficiency of the maker (some mills do certain things better than others).

In an Italian intra-mural game, Drapers used to - and still - delegate(s) the production of 100% cashmere jacketing fabrics ("Magic Cashmere" line) to Colombo. Unfortunately, I cannot say about 100% cashmere coating fabrics, as I haven't checked them.

These were already known, but our previous discussion was way saturated.

Thank you again for this.

Best,

Dimitris

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@jonathanS

What type of fabric is this shirt?
Jersey Cotton. Not exactly what people think of when they think of dress shirts, but I bought one years ago from turnbull & asset, and after a lot of wear, retired it, and asked the shirtmaker for something similar. I've used it for dress shirts, but I think its best for button downs & polos.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads