• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice result! Can you say a bit more about how how you ended up choosing this shape? And would you say the construction and materials feel very different from more widely available brands (Moscot, Julius Tart), or is it mainly the fit that makes them worth it to you?
One of the guys there basically just had me try on a bunch of different frames and slowly walked me through why one frame looked better on me compared to another in terms of shape, color, and thickness.

In terms of construction and materials, they feel the same as any other brand but I'm not an expert on this. Only thing I can say is the fit is much better and was worth the extra money.

tdang

Reaction score
Delivery last night. Here are some quick pics.

Speaking of #mbt, it is rather pointless to be cryptic here. The cut kind of screams its makers 😂

6ACA74AA-070D-4F15-ABC3-A654E9A2770B.jpeg

55642715-262E-46BC-A4AE-91B013DB8506.jpeg

Tzerkuso

Reaction score
Delivery last night. Here are some quick pics.

Speaking of #mbt, it is rather pointless to be cryptic here. The cut kind of screams its makers 😂

View attachment 1927105

View attachment 1927107
Well, for guys from the other side of the pond only I-gent tailors like the ones you use exist, rarely people get to know Seminara and alike, who don’t travel much anymore, leave alone the rest (young or old, working out of apartments).

I have multiple orders completed with all of the above and my best experience is with those never mentioned here…

So you saying that you can identify a garment by cut makes me laugh a bit, once it’s not Liverano or Corcos, we’ll see how you do…

Speaking of the brown jacket's sleeves - they’re 2cm too short…

Last edited:

tdang

Reaction score
Well, for guys from the other side of the pond only I-gent tailors like the ones you use exist, rarely people get to know Seminara and alike, who don’t travel much anymore, leave alone the rest (young or old, working out of apartments).

I have multiple orders completed with all of the above and my best experience is with those never mentioned here…

So you saying that you can identify a garment by cut makes me laugh a bit, once it’s not Liverano or Corcos, we’ll see how you do…

Sorry for the confusion, I should have been clearer.

I have no issue with people wanting to keep their trusted craftsmen a secret - I meant to say from the photos I posted recently of my newly delivered jackets, it should be obvious who made them and thus there was no need for me to attach the #mbt moniker.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was not aware of Seminara, and, as you said, there are possibly a great number of totally unknown small tailors out there.
Admittedly I wasn't either aware of a Florentine "school", that seems to have not few exponents.

Tzerkuso

Reaction score
Does that navy fitting tailor's name start with Ro___ Ci______? I'm not 100% sure because I can't find fitting pictures of the guys work. But the hands look similar.
Wasn't talking about that one, I have other commissions coming from other guys :)

camez_

Reaction score
I honestly don't think you can, as I have a very simple advantage of living here and knowing the behind the scenes ''of the local drama''.

Hmu next time you're in Florence though, I'll be glad to grab a drink.

being local is just key in a lot of aspects

Last edited:

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think you can, as I have a very simple advantage of living here and knowing the behind the scenes ''of the local drama''.

Hmu next time you're in Florence though, I'll be glad to grab a drink.
Will do! My only local reference is Qemal and he's not even in Florence :lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics