• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dark Star

Reaction score
@Dark Star @Jmr928

Let me just leave this here ….

Since we’re on the subject of a baste fit Navy 2pc Suit

Alan Bee
View attachment 1925985 View attachment 1925987 View attachment 1925989 View attachment 1925993
Jacket looks good. I’d be happy with a baste like that. Pants appear to need work. Even if you want a more fulsome fit in the leg it looks like you’ve got a lot of fabric draping awkwardly in the shot of your rear. I’d want it cleaned up. But overall it’s much better than most of what’s been posted here and it blows the Pastena work out of the water.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sir, I am not sure precisely at what point @Jmr928 will arrive at the inevitable conclusion he’s got NO IDEA WHAT HE’S DOING

But I remain hopeful ….

Alan Bee
BBA81472-9A4F-4095-A2CC-479C3424F787.jpeg

Megakurth

Reaction score
Jacket looks good. I’d be happy with a baste like that. Pants appear to need work. Even if you want a more fulsome fit in the leg it looks like you’ve got a lot of fabric draping awkwardly in the shot of your rear. I’d want it cleaned up. But overall it’s much better than most of what’s been posted here and it blows the Pastena work out of the water.
I thought Pastena was at one point the tailor that the Proff was working with on his e-spoke project?

A2507A37-D4DC-4003-999A-E0D126E4222B.jpeg
F0EEB26A-AF63-4C76-9BF1-A85F41464A30.jpeg

Nevertheless, while I don’t mind Okeys cuts and styling per say but could not see myself spending anywhere near what he charges for e-spoke

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good evening Sir @Dark Star

That was merely a first baste. The trousers were altered, largely the back rise was shortened to eliminate the excess cloth in the back of the seat/thigh. This is a common problem for guys with “forward hips”.

Otherwise the baste fit was BANG-ON!

Thank you for your “objective” analysis

Alan Bee

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dark Star

Reaction score
Good evening Sir @Dark Star

That was merely a first baste. The trousers were altered, largely the back rise was shortened to eliminate the excess cloth in the back of the seat/thigh. This is a common problem for guys with “forward hips”.

Otherwise the baste fit was BANG-ON!

Thank you for your “objective” analysis

Alan Bee
Awesome. I’m missing all the subtext of the various posts, but I think you’re suit looks very good. You’ve got great individual style and you are clearly comfortable and confident with it.

BomTrady

Reaction score
w we

I’m sorry you’re offended. I didn’t mean to be a dick, but I assume you posted it because you wanted comments and it’s a poor fit. If it’s MTM or off the peg and you’re happy then so be it.
@Dark Star Many of us value such detailed critiques. You seem to have lots of experience with multiple bespoke shoemakers and tailors. Perhaps you can post some pictures of some of your tailoring and bespoke shoes so we can see examples of what great tailoring and shoemaking should look like. I think the SF community would be very thankful, I certainly would.

Dark Star

Reaction score
@Dark Star Many of us value such detailed critiques. You seem to have lots of experience with multiple bespoke shoemakers and tailors. Perhaps you can post some pictures of some of your tailoring and bespoke shoes so we can see examples of what great tailoring and shoemaking should look like. I think the SF community would be very thankful, I certainly would.
Unfortunately I’ve never had the urge to stop the fitting process and take a picture. Perhaps that’s why I look so good.

Dark Star

Reaction score
just post the end result then.
That would have to be somewhere else. This is the thread for ongoing bespoke projects. And once we reach the end result the project is no longer ongoing. If everyone starts posting completed suits in this thread it will be chaos.

BomTrady

Reaction score
That would have to be somewhere else. This is the thread for ongoing bespoke projects. And once we reach the end result the project is no longer ongoing. If everyone starts posting completed suits in this thread it will be chaos.
Start your own thread and call it "Bespoke the Right Way" or something. We'll find you. You're not seriously saying you have all this great bespoke stuff and you would post them but there's just no proper thread on SF for them? There are plenty of end result photos here. The thread is not that rigid.

Dark Star

Reaction score
Start your own thread and call it "Bespoke the Right Way" or something. We'll find you. You're not seriously saying you have all this great bespoke stuff and you would post them but there's just no proper thread on SF for them? There are plenty of end result photos here. The thread is not that rigid.
Thanks. I’ll post what I feel like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads