• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cosplay...
Haha, it’s the prelude to the playa hater’s ball.
ECDDAECD-F282-4EFA-A97B-F46A1060406D.gif

DAB7F6AD-7FA9-4894-A759-2BCCEA857D56.gif

But seriously when is he going to get the soul train line started? It would be interesting to see if he has more than the two step in his repertoire.

Cotillion

Reaction score
First fittings today for a Fox Air POW and the Loro Piana seersucker I’d been saving mythical commission #11. Forgot to grab a picture of the Fox Air.
View attachment 1922693
Also did a final fitting for a flannel DB project that will be great to have next winter.

How did you like the Fox Air fabric? I've started looking at summertime fabrics for a sports coat and I liked some of the Fox Journey fabrics. Admittedly, I haven't looked into every mill yet for summer fabrics but I like what I see from Fox a lot.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First fittings today for a Fox Air POW and the Loro Piana seersucker I’d been saving mythical commission #11. Forgot to grab a picture of the Fox Air.
View attachment 1922693
Also did a final fitting for a flannel DB project that will be great to have next winter.

do you have any pics of the PoW? I've been looking for one in a similar tone and scale to this images below, and FA6 and FC44 are on the short list of contenders

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

JHWilliams

Reaction score
My problem with Simon in regards to his bespoke jackets is that he tries almost every tailor that he can. Usually, only once while having a very peculiar upper body structure. Furthermore, his upper body type is not the best for showcasing a wide range of tailoring in general. Especially Neapolitan tailoring. He has very narrow and very sloping shoulders. A long neck and big head. Pezz dispenser lookin @$$… As a result, many of his projects look mediocre and he often does the respective tailoring houses a disservice by showcasing their work. He would be better off sticking to a select few tailors that have a house style that works for his body type for multiple projects. It may also be beneficial for Simon to work with other tailors that may not necessarily have a house style that initially works for his body type for multiple projects in order to see the type of adjustments that they made in an effort to make a more aesthetically cohesive jacket for him.

I have just ruined a beautiful bespoke pair of trousers after laughing too much as the Pez Dispenser looking A$$ comment

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you like the Fox Air fabric? I've started looking at summertime fabrics for a sports coat and I liked some of the Fox Journey fabrics. Admittedly, I haven't looked into every mill yet for summer fabrics but I like what I see from Fox a lot.
I like fox air generally, particularly for patterns and added a sport coat to the queue. Some people complain that fox air is scratchy but I don’t find it to be that bad - scratchier than 4-ply or tropicair but not in the realm of like Fresco 3-ply
do you have any pics of the PoW? I've been looking for one in a similar tone and scale to this images below, and FA6 and FC44 are on the short list of contenders

View attachment 1923639
View attachment 1923641
I forgot to grab any. But mine is FA3. The cream/navy, not the grey and black.

xizenta

Reaction score
The other problem with FoxAir besides the scratchiness is that it's kind of rigid and doesn't flow/drape that well. Has no fluidity to it, which Finmeresco, Ascot, and all of the other competitors besides Fresco have.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The other problem with FoxAir besides the scratchiness is that it's kind of rigid and doesn't flow/drape that well. Has no fluidity to it, which Finmeresco, Ascot, and all of the other competitors besides Fresco have.
I haven’t heard that. are you speaking from personal experience? I have a suit coming for this spring / summer in fox air. ive heard good things about fox air, so we’ll see. Maybe a drapers ascot / 4 ply would’ve been better, but that ship sailed 2 years ago when I started the garment during the middle of Covid. I have 2 drapers 4 plys for this season coming, a fox air & a lightweight solaro for this season.

xizenta

Reaction score
I haven’t heard that. are you speaking from personal experience? I have a suit coming for this spring / summer in fox air. ive heard good things about fox air, so we’ll see. Maybe a drapers ascot / 4 ply would’ve been better, but that ship sailed 2 years ago when I started the garment during the middle of Covid. I have 2 drapers 4 plys for this season coming, a fox air & a lightweight solaro for this season.
yes i have a pair of Fox Air trousers along with at least one pair in each of the other fabrics I mentioned. It doesn't have any fluidity/silkiness to it. Kind of like holding up a sheet of paper (not quite that bad but I'm trying to illustrate it for you).

Cotillion

Reaction score
I received my fabric for my first bespoke project. Very happy with it. My photos don't do it justice but they sort of capture how the airforce blue looks blue in some lights and greyer in others which is exactly what I want. Now the long part begins.

Attachments

• hs0019-3---Copy.jpg
    hs0019-3---Copy.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 74
  • hs0019-1 - Copy.jpg
    hs0019-1 - Copy.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 212
  • hs0019-2 - Copy.jpg
    hs0019-2 - Copy.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 217

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes i have a pair of Fox Air trousers along with at least one pair in each of the other fabrics I mentioned. It doesn't have any fluidity/silkiness to it. Kind of like holding up a sheet of paper (not quite that bad but I'm trying to illustrate it for you).
What do you mean? It didnt hold its shape? Or wasn’t comfortable?

xizenta

Reaction score
What do you mean? It didnt hold its shape? Or wasn’t comfortable?
Nah, that's not what I mean. If you try to picture draping a sheet of the fabric over a 3-dimensional object it will not flex in more than one direction to conform to the shape of what is underneath. For example if you laid it over a cylinder it would be fine and wrap it well, but if you tried to put a ball under it, it would look awkward and afluid.

From all of the high twist summer fabrics the best one for that fluidity is Ascot.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, that's not what I mean. If you try to picture draping a sheet of the fabric over a 3-dimensional object it will not flex in more than one direction to conform to the shape of what is underneath. For example if you laid it over a cylinder it would be fine and wrap it well, but if you tried to put a ball under it, it would look awkward and afluid.

From all of the high twist summer fabrics the best one for that fluidity is Ascot.
I like my trousers to hang, and keep their shape. Perhaps im misunderstanding? Frescos, hold their shape well.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have just ruined a beautiful bespoke pair of trousers after laughing too much as the Pez Dispenser looking A$$ comment

"He would be better off sticking to a select few tailors that have a house style that works for his body type for multiple projects. It may also be beneficial for Simon to work with other tailors that may not necessarily have a house style that initially works for his body type for multiple projects in order to see the type of adjustments that they made in an effort to make a more aesthetically cohesive jacket for him."

Probably goes against his business plan. Actually, I enjoy his site. It is a survey of
the most prominent tailors, especially in Italy. I have very strong preferences
and do not usually experiment. Also, my build is practically the opposite of Simon's, with
broad square shoulders and a deep chest. I weigh 160-65 but wear 44 R, sometimes
46 in RTW. Nevertheless, based on his postings, I have a good idea which tailors
i would consider, should I decide to go bespoke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads