• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's my favorite model. I'd love to see a bespoke master's take on this
classic. Pictures?
I only got measurements taken, so nothing yet. But this is the photo that I showed Nicholas as a reference (it's a pair that he made).

Last edited:

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First fittings today for a Fox Air POW and the Loro Piana seersucker I’d been saving mythical commission #11. Forgot to grab a picture of the Fox Air.
9D41D7D2-73D5-4D32-A904-965B2D06065B.jpeg

Also did a final fitting for a flannel DB project that will be great to have next winter.

Dark Star

Reaction score
First fittings today for a Fox Air POW and the Loro Piana seersucker I’d been saving mythical commission #11. Forgot to grab a picture of the Fox Air.
View attachment 1922693
Also did a final fitting for a flannel DB project that will be great to have next winter.
I would be having a conversation with my cutter about that fit. You are gonna get some unwelcome waves breaking right.

BespokeAldenGuy

Reaction score
View attachment 1922693
The PROFF JMR is ALWAYS Right.

I would be having a conversation with my cutter about that fit. You are gonna get some unwelcome waves breaking right.
SIT DOWN AND BE HUMBLE

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
…is what Christian Okeye would have said to any tailor whose baste looked like that of Jrm928.
You seem like a pleasant fellow. Glad you’ve managed to waste two of your eight posts on my fitting.

Dark Star

Reaction score
w we
You seem like a pleasant fellow. Glad you’ve managed to waste two of your eight posts on my fitting.
I’m sorry you’re offended. I didn’t mean to be a dick, but I assume you posted it because you wanted comments and it’s a poor fit. If it’s MTM or off the peg and you’re happy then so be it.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to snapping a pic of my recent I Sarti suit made with Derek's 'summer tweed'.

I'm so happy with the outcome of this one, I've been itching to get brown-tan linen-ish suit for a while. The fabric is great, perfect shade to worn as a summer casual suit or broken down into separates. I opted for a 3 patch configuration in the @UrbanComposition Italian-ish drape cut that he worked out with Salvo; its casual and comfy but has a great silhouette.

Already thinking of ideas for the next order...

IMG_5792.jpg

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to snapping a pic of my recent I Sarti suit made with Derek's 'summer tweed'.

I'm so happy with the outcome of this one, I've been itching to get brown-tan linen-ish suit for a while. The fabric is great, perfect shade to worn as a summer casual suit or broken down into separates. I opted for a 3 patch configuration in the @UrbanComposition Italian-ish drape cut that he worked out with Salvo; its casual and comfy but has a great silhouette.

Already thinking of ideas for the next order...

View attachment 1923165
I would lengthen the trousers given the fuller cut. A slight break on the shoe and heel.

xizenta

Reaction score
Fox Tweed "chore jacket" received yesterday. Crosspost from the Pastena Elegance thread.

Looking to order another one with some slight changes in a cashmere blend if anyone has bunch recommendations. Can't decide if it would look better with a placket.

Attachments

• IMG_4946.jpg
    IMG_4946.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4961.jpg
    IMG_4961.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 97

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads