• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
ah, the old forum times....when a select few dominated the discussions with their conservative "wisdom" and their ad hoc rules.

I reckon my dear fellow that your point refers to the origins of the joke (waaay before my time here), I cannot say, perhaps some truth may be found there.

What I can say with absolute certainty, however, and there lies the origin of my post, is that all bespoke commissions of our fellow @brax that we have seen and admired from the said tailors are top notch, and most importantly, that he is a true gentleman!

Best,

Dimitris

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really, the only tailor I still want to try would be Camps de Luca. I would also like to do another Cifonelli but it’s too much of a hassle to fly to NYC for fittings for either Parisian tailor.

Have you considered seeing them in Paris? Gives you a reason to visit Paris 3 times. Theoretically you might be able to do it in two if you stay long enough and if you are an easy fit. e.g. First trip - measure and first fitting (best if fabric is readily available or if you bring it along). Second trip, adjustments and pick up.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you considered seeing them in Paris? Gives you a reason to visit Paris 3 times. Theoretically you might be able to do it in two if you stay long enough and if you are an easy fit. e.g. First trip - measure and first fitting (best if fabric is readily available or if you bring it along). Second trip, adjustments and pick up.
I go to Paris about once a year. Doing a fitting there isn’t the problem. It’s getting the subsequent fittings and aching to travel to NYC to do them.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go to Paris about once a year. Doing a fitting there isn’t the problem. It’s getting the subsequent fittings and aching to travel to NYC to do them.

Consider getting one started the next time you are in Paris. I got something from their atelier de Luca line and it’s like nothing else.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reckon my dear fellow that your point refers to the origins of the joke (waaay before my time here), I cannot say, perhaps some truth may be found there.

What I can say with absolute certainty, however, and there lies the origin of my post, is that all bespoke commissions of our fellow @brax that we have seen and admired from the said tailors are top notch, and most importantly, that he is a true gentleman!

Best,

Dimitris
You’re too kind. Thank you.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Best,

Dimitris
Dear Dimitris,

You are absolutely correct. I was "lamenting" about the status quo of the forum in the past, with the know-it-alls that imparted their wisdom and rudely showed their disapproval of anybody that didn't fit into the cannon. Did they have relevant knowledge to share? Surely. But their arrogance and self-serving agendas grated on me. I used your post to reminisce about that and nothing else.

@brax dresses well, as you mentioned, and my comment was in no way, shape, or form directed at him. @brax, you bring a lot to the forum.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear Dimitris,

You are absolutely correct. I was "lamenting" about the status quo of the forum in the past, with the know-it-alls that imparted their wisdom and rudely showed their disapproval of anybody that didn't fit into the cannon. Did they have relevant knowledge to share? Surely. But their arrogance and self-serving agendas grated on me. I used your post to reminisce about that and nothing else.

@brax dresses well, as you mentioned, and my comment was in no way, shape, or form directed at him. @brax, you bring a lot to the forum.
I like how @brax wears his bespoke stuff to a Crossfit box.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Dimitris,

No offense inferred.
I‘m sending out three lengths to Naples next week and three commissions are pending. Stay tuned.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consider getting one started the next time you are in Paris. I got something from their atelier de Luca line and it’s like nothing else.
I'm actually going to Paris in about 5 weeks but I don't really want to get a CdL suit started just yet. I'm still on the fence since I have 3 other bespoke projects still open (2 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of glasses). I want to complete those first before I start anything else that's not US based.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually going to Paris in about 5 weeks but I don't really want to get a CdL suit started just yet. I'm still on the fence since I have 3 other bespoke projects still open (2 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of glasses). I want to complete those first before I start anything else that's not US based.
You are finishing up your Maison Bonnet right? Then you have space for CdL! :)

FYI AdL is quite a deal if you don’t need all the bells and whistles.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are finishing up your Maison Bonnet right? Then you have space for CdL! :)

FYI AdL is quite a deal if you don’t need all the bells and whistles.
Lol, not quite. I still need to do the initial fitting for my glasses and another fitting for my Corthay shoes. I'm hoping both of those won't require another fitting and they can both be completed by summer.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really ongoing project but this is my 2nd Huntsman suit with the cheaper bespoke option.

I recently sent in my pants to get buttons added to wear with braces since they kept falling down. Now that I’m wearing them with braces I can see the pants are too long. I’m going to have them shortened. It looks sloppy.
38C5D80F-04FF-4BA9-A693-EB26CBD8A3BB.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads