• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three tailors at the moment: Steed, Solito, and I Sarti. Thinking about trying Fred Nieddu now that he's coming to town but not sure what I would want to order. Maybe a coat.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
I think in May it will be 5 years I have done stuff with B&Tailor. I will have 4 sport coats and 4 suits by then, most likely. I am just good enough at buying flights where I have been able to schedule layovers in Seoul for near-free on a few Asian vacations beyond one actual trip to Seoul, so I have bookended a few trips with fittings.

I'm visiting Seoul soon. I don't suppose they offer some sort of absurdly fast turnaround time? I don't expect them to, but figured it was worth asking. I don't think I travel often enough to make it work, and won't be there for longer than ~10 days.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm visiting Seoul soon. I don't suppose they offer some sort of absurdly fast turnaround time? I don't expect them to, but figured it was worth asking. I don't think I travel often enough to make it work, and won't be there for longer than ~10 days.

I got measured + 2 fittings in in 2 weeks when I started with them. Drop them a note, and see what they can do. 10 days is aggressive, but I'd like to think you could get measured and one fitting in. I am not sure how frequently you are in Asia.

I know in mid-March, they were looking at doing some trunk shows with their partners in SE/East Asia, so hopefully you won't coincide with that.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Thanks. This seems pushing it to me - marginal at best - I will probably give it a miss this time sadly.

tdang

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why zizolfi out of all the other Naples tailors? My thought would be someone like panico (old master) or pirozzi.

4-6 at once. Sheesh. That’s a lot. I just got back from a trip to Milan and Florence & was contemplating my next commissions, hence the question. I like your idea of starting with both a double and single breasted suit. As I’ve gone through the bespoke process a few times, I now typically start with a solid single breasted suit (or jacket).

My plan (as of now) is stick with 3 tailors I visited. But, budget is also a consideration. So @lordsuperb’s guidelines below are a decent minimum which is less than always having something in the works with a tailor, correct?

My serial ordering is certainly emboldened by the fact that Cresent is not too expensive and always a pleasure to work with.

I decided to go with Zizolfi mainly because I want someone who is able to communicate well in English (I’m seeing them in Milan/ Florence instead of Naples so that’s important). I also like the style quite a bit - their lapels and quarters look distinct from the rest of the Neapolitans.

MaE

Reaction score
Could someone that is familiar with Cresent please PM me?! I might give him a try for my first ever non-shirt bespoke commission and have some questions regarding communication, the process, etc. Thanks :)

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My serial ordering is certainly emboldened by the fact that Cresent is not too expensive and always a pleasure to work with.

I decided to go with Zizolfi mainly because I want someone who is able to communicate well in English (I’m seeing them in Milan/ Florence instead of Naples so that’s important). I also like the style quite a bit - their lapels and quarters look distinct from the rest of the Neapolitans.
Could someone that is familiar with Cresent please PM me?! I might give him a try for my first ever non-shirt bespoke commission and have some questions regarding communication, the process, etc. Thanks :)
I wouldn't say Satoki is not too expensive. Relative to Liverano, he's not as expensive, sure. But he's pretty middle of the road-high for bespoke pricing. He's more than Corcos, for example. That said, I like Satori's style and silhouette. Certainly, not 1000 euro jacket tailor you find in Naples, which I am considering giving a try (perhaps against my better judgment, but we'll see).

tdang

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Satoki is not too expensive. Relative to Liverano, he's not as expensive, sure. But he's pretty middle of the road-high for bespoke pricing. He's more than Corcos, for example. That said, I like Satori's style and silhouette. Certainly, not 1000 euro jacket tailor you find in Naples, which I am considering giving a try (perhaps against my better judgment, but we'll see).
I mean objectively speaking bespoke clothing is always an indulgence to begin with, so I guess it's not fair to say that one tailor is not expensive because most of them are probably difficult to justify, especially if you factor in travel expenses and other costs incurred by the logistics of seeing a tailor overseas multiple times.

That said, I think Cresent prices very modestly compared to other Milanese houses (I don't even think he charges more than Corcos - both of them are roughly similar). Places like the Caracenis or Dembech are in the range of EUR 5-6k for suits last time I was quoted, though I'm perpetually tempted to get something totally wild from each of them, maybe a burgendy velvet jacket from F. Caraceni or a double breasted tweed suit from Dembech. One of these days when I find myself in Milan with a couple of hours to spare and the wife is in a sufficiently good mood, I'm sure I'm going to cave 😂

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I try to keep things to a minimum both because I’ve been very satisfied with their product and because I value consistency and relationships. I’ve used:
Steed: two suits
Despos: circa five suits, five jackets, one tuxedo, one odd pents
Tofani: circa ten suits, ten jackets, five odd pents, five coats

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah, the old forum times....when a select few dominated the discussions with their conservative "wisdom" and their ad hoc rules.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ah, the old forum times....when a select few dominated the discussions with their conservative "wisdom" and their ad hoc rules.
D6146FBF-E994-48C2-AB36-C686E87631C9.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics