• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

St1X

Reaction score
*coach greg doucette voice* MAIN-GAAAAAAAAAIN! ...in all seriousness, I feel your pain man!
It's a great excuse to stop going to the gym 🤣
Also it's the biggest motivation to not get out of shape. Like even prospects of getting laid would not motivate me that much to stay in shape asI know I can hide all flaws with tailored suits

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*coach greg doucette voice* MAIN-GAAAAAAAAAIN! ...in all seriousness, I feel your pain man!
BUY MY FREAKIN COOK BOOK!!!!

I like Greg's general overall message when it comes to health and fitness but he really lost the plot when he started selling his supplements.

The_Schmidt

Reaction score
I did collect my new summer jacket and trousers last week. Both pieces are made from the „Airesco“ bunch from H&S.

4DE4D96B-7D88-4C5C-BDF2-65C617E3BE75.jpeg

AF6A792A-0606-45FE-B267-7CE9C37A9FB7.jpeg

BFB210D3-455E-46A4-90C2-0EFE76C628DA.jpeg

A411BBCD-D089-4B21-A21E-32D0A9BBA197.jpeg

EB2AC6DB-FCC8-4A8A-AF91-F6669EE71894.jpeg

049EFEAC-54DF-4861-95D1-D0520DF635AC.jpeg

66B26A22-7555-456B-882E-C527032874A0.jpeg

3CB758B7-05C9-43DE-996C-75EDBA9DFBAE.jpeg

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did collect my new summer jacket and trousers last week. Both pieces are made from the „Airesco“ bunch from H&S.

View attachment 1822654

Great choice in cloth. Airesco is a very solid bunch from Holland and Sherry. I’m assuming you went with the 4ply comfort stretch 8/9 oz for the jacket and odd trousers. I’m interested to see how the trousers hold up long term.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Honestly most ppl don’t really need to bulk. They’re already carrying around enough fat to build muscle without eating excess calories. It’s different when you’re really lean or actually competing and trying to change weight classes.

I think OP simply means getting bigger in some places (and perhaps smaller in other places) due to an effective training program, which would affect how a jacket fits. As opposed to our meathead definition of bulking and cutting, which I agree isn't relevant to most casual trainees.

Your body will grow if you enjoy lifting.

Unfortunately most people don't enjoy it and don't really push themselves hard enough.

Things are better than 10 years ago, but even in this day and age of resurgence for strength sports, there's a still a lot of bad information out there and many curious new people end up doing these long tedious and ultimately unproductive workouts copied from some magazine about how so and so got jacked for a film. They would be much better served by doing just a few exercises, probably the primary barbell movements, and odds are they'll get hooked to the rapid improvements in strength and body comp.

Semi-related, but I think that people who are into sport of any kind, esp. those picking up a new one or those currently in one that results in one changing body shape depending on how hard they are training at the moment, should be the ones to set the example of having a small, lean, well-curated wardrobe. From personal experience, I feel a lot of stress to maintain my current dimensions even though my athletic interests have been changing a bit these past two years or so (I stopped training for weightlifting competition when COVID started, to focus on some injury rehab, and have since gotten interested in things that probably don't necessitate big thighs and shoulders).

It would have been much more streamlined, and much less wasteful in terms of time, money, energy, and ongoing maintenance to just wear the same few suits and blazers for a few years at a time, and have them wear out just as my body shifts into its next form. Instead, I'm sitting on a bunch of stuff tailored for how I was shaped a few years ago, which despite my efforts isn't exactly where I am now, and while these things are wearable, I just don't find myself reaching for them as much as I should, esp given how much some of the tailoring cost. My very own case where buy-less-buy-better definitely applies. Bleh.

leapyourbar

Reaction score
BUY MY FREAKIN COOK BOOK!!!!

I like Greg's general overall message when it comes to health and fitness but he really lost the plot when he started selling his supplements.

I like Greg too. I also recognize that he is a complete lunatic, however.

The_Schmidt

Reaction score
Great choice in cloth. Airesco is a very solid bunch from Holland and Sherry. I’m assuming you went with the 4ply comfort stretch 8/9 oz for the jacket and odd trousers. I’m interested to see how the trousers hold up long term.

That is indeed the one I went with, see pics in spoiler for the full details. I do have some odd trousers in Serge & Solana from H&S and that seems a little less „fragile“ at first glance I would say. But the trousers will see wear only during five months a year, so even if they would not hold up too well, it should still be fine.

E5DEAE59-4BD4-4BE3-A184-969CA031D0B8.jpeg

04CB8053-46F3-418D-8698-BAACA45592D4.jpeg

Bigbadwolfen

Reaction score
Btw, if you have any feedback im happy to hear it and take in to account for future comissions :cheers:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads