• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
Guys, thanks for your comments. I don’t feel that the jacket is too tight, but honestly it’s on the verge of being so (as well as trousers BTW which is not visible on pictures). Normally I prefer a little looser fit. So I can understand why someone might see the suit as too tight. I had quite intense time at work for the last few months, no time for workouts, unhealthy diet etc. While normally my weight is around 75-77kg now it’s 82… On the first photo you can also see how the shirt which was prefectly fine for me half year ago now is visibly pulling at the chest… I asked Dawid too make the suit closer to my normal dimensions, as I have some spare time for trainings again and I should get back into shape in a month or two. The suit will be much looser at waist by then. It’s just made for a perfect physique, which obviously is not what I have now ;)

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
Looks like you and your tailor have this bespoke thing down pat. Congratulations.
I guess after something like 7-8 suits and the same amount of odd jackets it’s easier to achieve good fit. I am really happy that I made my first bespoke order from Dawid, I did not feel any need to try any other tailor since then. It’s also really nice to see how he develops. When I made my first order from him he was still working as IT guy and was doing tailoring as a side job on weekends. Now he is a full time
tailor with a lot of clients and he is constantly improving his work. Each garment I order from him is better made than the previous one.

Last edited:

joorinainen

Reaction score

joorinainen

Reaction score
Which is why I get extended shoulders and drapey suits these days!

I hate to wear clothes that starts nagging me about healthier lifestyle after a binge eating session followed by drinking the lights out! ;)

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
Looks great! I checked his website with google translator. I can see that he seems quite flexible about style and preferences but do you know what "cut" he is most comfortable? Looking for a soft coat with minimal padding.
No idea what he feels most comfortable with, but majority of things I order from him, including this beige suit, has minimal padding. I also ordered from him jackets with no padding at all, here are some examples:

1E4743B4-09E3-474C-BEF5-2F25336EA778.jpeg

1E11C095-DB62-4A27-B888-C284C3404ACC.jpeg
4ADACAA9-DFFA-441D-8036-6C655E64663F.jpeg

shoesforever

Reaction score
@Wild Strawberry Rabbit Yeah, I'm atcually a big fan of the fact that you use a local tailor, like Dawid Kuklinksi. The fit looks good. A lot of the fit is in the way you feel when you wear and move around, which again can't always be seen.
What I do think about a lot when it comes to tailoring and lifting weigts, is how the body actually change a lot. Not just in the waist area. It also depends on whether you're bulking up a bit or trying to get leaner. As you get more muscular in the shoulders, chest, back and arms, these areas also become hot spots in regards to tightness. So training kind of complicates things fit wise. I find that people who doesn't lift or know a lot about strength training, don't know how much your weight can fluctuate while bulking or shredding.

The_Shooter

Reaction score

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Unfortunately most people don't enjoy it and don't really push themselves hard enough.

The real problem is when you truly love lifting, but can't afford to have your entire wardrobe changed :lol:
I actively plan my workout so that I wont grow more, just stay at the level I'm on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads